Port Adelaide analysis - How to beat Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Port Adelaide analysis - How to beat Port

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Prioritising and winning centre clearance should be the key structural change we make for the rest of 2021. Can no longer rely on simply winning the ball back in defence.

Reactions: 5 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Prioritising and winning centre clearance should be the key structural change we make for the rest of 2021. Can no longer rely on simply winning the ball back in defence.
We managed that for the finals so hopefully can build on that.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yep. Looks like Cholly might be a likely given their talls. Ross should be a certainty now.
If that is the case then we could be in trouble.

Chol tries hard but for me he does not cut the mustard.

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
If that is the case then we could be in trouble.

Chol tries hard but for me he does not cut the mustard.
Much rather bring in Miller and free Grimes up to play Vlastuin's role. Chol has had more than enough chances

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
My analysis of Port is that we keep doing what we do. Pressure their mids and the delivery to Charlie won’t be good enough for them to kick a winning score.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Cockiest side going around, going to be extremely tough to get the 4 points on their own feral dunghill, especially after destroying there fairytale season in the Prelim and also that they put in a poor performance last week .

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Well the likely inclusion of Jack Ross might really help against Poort's supposed 'bull' midfielders. This description from the Saturday praccy match against the Skunks in a come-from-behind win is encouraging:

J. Ross: 21 D, 2.0, 10 i50, 9 TCK

"Ross mauled Levi Greenwood at the opening bounce, he then sought body contact from anyone wearing black and white.

The unyielding midfielder slotted the opening goal of the game after being rewarded for his unflinching attack on the ball and the man.

Ross muscled his way past two Collingwood defenders to draw a free kick for high contact and then converted his set-shot.

The midfield maestro finished the game with two goals, after a thumping goal from outside 50 in the last quarter."

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sounds like us. Our biggest possession winners were Short and Baker.
Yes but we lost Presto early and Cotch struggling to some extent too. But no doubt midfield must lift. Jack Ross deserves his chance at a full game replacing Dion.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Well the likely inclusion of Jack Ross might really help against Poort's supposed 'bull' midfielders. This description from the Saturday praccy match against the Skunks in a come-from-behind win is encouraging:

J. Ross: 21 D, 2.0, 10 i50, 9 TCK

"Ross mauled Levi Greenwood at the opening bounce, he then sought body contact from anyone wearing black and white.

The unyielding midfielder slotted the opening goal of the game after being rewarded for his unflinching attack on the ball and the man.

Ross muscled his way past two Collingwood defenders to draw a free kick for high contact and then converted his set-shot.

The midfield maestro finished the game with two goals, after a thumping goal from outside 50 in the last quarter."
I was in Adelaide for the Port game in 2019. Ross was superb. Time to give him an extended run.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I was in Adelaide for the Port game in 2019. Ross was superb. Time to give him an extended run.
Hasn’t been given that run since his injury, which is a pity, because I think he deserves that and could be one of our next big things if given the opportunity.