Possibly 30,000 at the GF?! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possibly 30,000 at the GF?!

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
what if there aren't enough tix to cover members who have the GF guarantee? They may have to cap it for people who have achieved a certain amount of years of consecutive membership. I suggested the other day it might have to be capped at gold level.
There will be far less members with GF guarantee than Gold membership. Platinum may be closer.

Reactions: 1 users

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
what if there aren't enough tix to cover members who have the GF guarantee? They may have to cap it for people who have achieved a certain amount of years of consecutive membership. I suggested the other day it might have to be capped at gold level.

I think they'd get sued if they did that. I think I'd sue the AFL if they did that! Not allowing a GF guarantee ticket holder an opportunity to purchase a GF ticket when the AFL is offering GF tickets is altering the terms of the contract after it has been agreed to and payment accepted.

I don't doubt the AFL will try to renege on the deal though if that is what suits them finance-wise... in fact I just checked my ticketek member's page and they have attempted to insert this clause:

"^Game access is not included in season 2020 due to COVID-19 (tentative to change according to AFL guidelines)"

!!!

I'm confident a judge in Victoria is going to look at the common use definition of guarantee, look at the advertising for the 2020 GF guarantee membership package that was published prior to season 2020, look at the cost of purchasing a GF guarantee membership as opposed to other forms of membership, look at the above clause that someone has tried to retroactively jam in without consultation or consent from the other contracting party and rule that clause to be void should we have circumstances where people (corporates) are given access to tickets to attend the GF. Would possibly be a different case if no-one was able to attend because no tickets were available.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
There will be far less members with GF guarantee than Gold membership. Platinum may be closer.

no, you misunderstood me. I'm suggesting that if you had a GF guarantee, but there weren't enough tix for every member with a GF guarantee due to the reduced capacity, they might end up cutting it off so that people that have a GF guarantee, but have been a member for less than 10 years might miss out. In other words, they might have to have a cut-off point somewhere.

hope that makes better sense.

I think they'd get sued if they did that. I think I'd sue the AFL if they did that! Not allowing a GF guarantee ticket holder an opportunity to purchase a GF ticket when the AFL is offering GF tickets is altering the terms of the contract after it has been agreed to and payment accepted.

I don't doubt the AFL will try to renege on the deal though if that is what suits them finance-wise...

solid point. but the AFL are probably thinking... 99% of fans haven't asked for their membership to be refunded despite not being able to go to games, so they will also fall into line over this as well.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think the guarantee only kicks in if Richmond make it,

even though I reckon we will,

I think its premature to be scrapping over tix after 1 round?

But if it does come down to a cull, I think our cattle farming heroes, the men and women of the land, particularly those who bring your steaks and Bolognese to your table,

should be given a corporate box with 4m2 per brave farmer, with unlimited crowns and pies.

maybe room passes, a guard of honour and be invited to sing in a beef farmers chorus with Guns n Roses at the after party?

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
If the AFL do allow a crowd for the grand final, and GF guarantee members ( for whichever teams make it) miss out, I would safely bet that there will be court cases. If that were to happen the details of deals between the AFL and sponsors/ corporates would come out. I’m a maurice Rioli club member and a member for over 30 years. If I missed out if we make it I would be absolutely ropeable with the AFL. I would be very interested to see how many tickets the AFL guarantees each sponsor.