# postpone the season (until Dustys kidney grows back together) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

# postpone the season (until Dustys kidney grows back together)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So Port and Crows fleeing SA Covid, into Vic Covid, and the plane turns left, into Queensland Covid.

I only see 3 realistic options for The AFL, and 1 isn't realistic, because it produces $0

1. hand Dees the flag ($0, won't happen)

2. Relocate all club into a mega bubble in Darwin or Hobart (Tassie preferable with more suitable stadiums), pretty much by tomorrow.

3. Postpone the season (until Dustys kidney grows back together)

Unlike 2020, where I think there was 1 player who had a Covid scare and 1 state in lockdown (and Tigers were favourites) this time we're at about a dozen this week, and the eastern Seaboard is on a knife edge, and the Western Seaboard are hillbilly *smile* (and Tigers are 15-1 rank outsiders)

Surely, Gil and the Scott Bros are having a meeting right now, discussing how its untenable, but exploring how they can play a lightening premiership, involving Geelong, over Zoom?

its a pretty small corner they're painting themselves into with fixturing.

save the angst, Gil, take option 3.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So Port and Crows fleeing SA Covid, into Vic Covid, and the plane turns left, into Queensland Covid.

I only see 3 realistic options for The AFL, and 1 isn't realistic, because it produces $0

1. hand Dees the flag ($0, won't happen)

2. Relocate all club into a mega bubble in Darwin or Hobart (Tassie preferable with more suitable stadiums), pretty much by tomorrow.

3. Postpone the season (until Dustys kidney grows back together)

Unlike 2020, where I think there was 1 player who had a Covid scare and 1 state in lockdown, this time we're at about a dozen this week, and the eastern Seaboard is on a knife edge, and the Western Seaboard are hillbilly *smile*

Surely, Gil and the Scott Bros are having a meeting right now, discussing how its untenable, but exploring how they can play a lightening premiership, involving Geelong, over Zoom?
Postpone it for a couple of weeks. That’s all it will take to get things back on track everywhere except NSW. 7 won’t care. Makes it easier for them with their Olympics coverage. And yes, it will give a few of our blokes extra time to get fit.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Postpone it for a couple of weeks. That’s all it will take to get things back on track everywhere except NSW. 7 won’t care. Makes it easier for them with their Olympics coverage. And yes, it will give a few of our blokes extra time to get fit.

hadn't thought of the Olympics/Channel 7 angle.

yeah.

is a fortnight enough for Dustys 4th Norm Smith?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
At the very least, they need to suspend betting on games,

while

1. its a game of Covid roulette in terms of venues and personnel, and

2. Im in front.

FWIW, with almost every state closed to each other, I reckon Round 19 will be played in late August

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
all jokes aside, why is the AFL so insistent on playing this week? it makes no sense with 3 cities locked down. just move the bye week forward and reset for next week… or just simply extend the season by 1-2 weeks. 1-2 weeks will won’t kill anyone.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
all jokes aside, why is the AFL so insistent on playing this week? it makes no sense with 3 cities locked down. just move the bye week forward and reset for next week… or just simply extend the season by 1-2 weeks. 1-2 weeks will won’t kill anyone.
Exactly. Trying to run the games at present compromises the integrity of the whole season. 2 weeks gives everyone a chance to reset. Scrap the pre finals bye and you save a week.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
SA and Vic in lockdown. SA teams on their way here. AFL running out of options.

And the timing couldn't be better. Ch7 won't mind a 2 week delay in the season so they can focus on the Olympics.

And two more weeks might make this year's Norm Smith medal legitimate.
Already covered, @eZyT, but we're all thinking too small.

Right now there's a race between all the billionaires to get into space. How much would they pay to hold the first professional sport in space? A few advantages:
  1. Space is COVID-free.
  2. There's no congestion in space.
  3. The stand rule becomes not just unnecessary but impossible.
  4. In space, no one can hear you scream at the umpires.
  5. No one has ever injured a kidney while wearing a space suit.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Already covered, @eZyT, but we're all thinking too small.

Right now there's a race between all the billionaires to get into space. How much would they pay to hold the first professional sport in space? A few advantages:
  1. Space is COVID-free.
  2. There's no congestion in space.
  3. The stand rule becomes not just unnecessary but impossible.
  4. In space, no one can hear you scream at the umpires.
  5. No one has ever injured a kidney while wearing a space suit.
6. We have an umpire up there. Bezos looks like Razor Ray but is a little less important .

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Postponing the season might allow my liver to repair itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users