Postponing the season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Postponing the season

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Do we want the season postponed for a few week?
I think if it is it could not come at a better time for the the Tigers.
It would allow us to get a few injured players back, before the run home.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Do we want the season postponed for a few week?
I think if it is it could not come at a better time for the the Tigers.
It would allow us to get a few injured players back, before the run home.
Was thinking the same last night. We're really banged up at the moment and a few weeks of suspension would get a lot of non-playing guys (e.g. Lambert, Nank, Astbury etc) and also playing guys (e.g. Dusty), healed up.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, it wouldn't hurt us at all. It would give the haters something else to whinge about when we win this years Premiership

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Doesnt sound like there’ll be any games in Melbourne for a month

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I wonder if the AFL is contemplating a 17-round format, per 2020, to give it breathing space to get a 'legitimate' season away.

I haven't checked the original fixture but I don't think any side has yet played another twice.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Nah - we are tracking OK - gives us an opportunity to blood more players like CCJ.

We trend to thrive under adversity.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wonder if the AFL is contemplating a 17-round format, per 2020, to give it breathing space to get a 'legitimate' season away.

I haven't checked the original fixture but I don't think any side has yet played another twice.

would give us a decent run home

Ess, WC, freo, pies, suns, north

should land us in 5th or 6th and a home elim final against an ordinary side

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I suspect they will wait and see what happens with any extension to the Vic lockdown.

The fact quite a few players are saying they won't go back into hubs would be a big factor as there would be many more who will likely either refuse to stay in a hub or it will adversely affect their form if they do.

That said, there is hope that the lockdown will not be too long, the numbers are not massive and the current lockdown should bring the infections down.

A short suspension could work although the logistics of moving all the finals and the remaining rounds would be substantial. Then again, a short suspension of 2 weeks could fit by removing the mid season byes and the pre-finals bye.

DS

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Said it at start of lockdown.
Hubs impossible this year.
Season currently teetering on an edge.
Could be disastorous.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
One week would be good, *smile* off the pre finals bye. Its an ass.
Or bring all the teams to the West, interstate members will love it.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
If the suspension helps the Tigers than Hocking will make sure the season continues.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's all hearsay - off the record stuff now Taz. "players at clubs on the road are saying"

Probably true but we don't know which clubs yet.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Keep it going I say, injuries are part of the game.

Go to hubs in WA for a few weeks if need be, the players need to see the bigger picture and drop the self indulgence.
Unfortunately this is true. Jack was saying he was concerned for the staff members going to the hub, but if the season is canned then they'll be out of a job. Also the players won't want another pay cut. They'll have to suck it up like many of us locked up here in Vic unfortunately.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Do tigers marketting people hire a kid to lay on a bed in pj's and say it the captains kid,

or are we cursed and just lurch from hurdle to hurdle in a weird steeplechase?

in a 3 week period, $hai belts someone, lynch does a pcl, nank does a pcl, capts kid in hospital?

thats pretty much a weekly footy catastrophy for 3 months

whats tommorow? Dusty get leprosy and his right hand falls off?

and next week? CJ gets covid

WTF is going on here?

Reactions: 1 users