Practice Match Sat 29/3/03 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Practice Match Sat 29/3/03

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Well I strolled on down to the whitten Oval today and thought to myself thank goodness we are not subjected to visiting this vile venue for AFL games...but I digresse.

I only stayed for the first 3 quarters. Trust me that was enough (being subjected to more of Collingwood in the shape of the Clokes, Lucuria, Cole etc was just too much ;D). I don't know the scores and actually I don't really care. I was there to check out the Tiger boys.

Chaff - played well and will be back next week. :D

Pettifer - played, spat the dummy and continued to miss easy shots at goal (granted the ball wasn't down there that much) but he just has to convert when he is within 40-30 metres I reckon. Did play some in the mid-field as well

Nicholls - went off in the 3rd quarter with what looked like a corky and hobbled out to the 3 qtr time address. Questionable if he will come up.

Marty McGrarth - was there :D :D :D. Great to see him. Played alot off the wing and was OK but looks underdone.

Pickering - is it me ? Am I too harsh a judge - but he looked slow. :-\

Mills - I think he was supposed to playing half-back/across the centre but he seemed lost to me and not really fit. :-\

Schulz - there is someting about this kid. Should have played on Friday night. Considering his limited opportunities at CHF I thought he was good - reads the play so well. Should play next week to give us another option up forward.

Matt Shir - played all of the first half and the first 15-20 minutes of the third. At 3 qtr time had the boots off so that was it for him. First run of the year after a bout of OP. Not spectacular but solid. Has a very good burst of speed and a strong tackler.

Did anyone else go? I wasn't sure of the players numbers so I am not sure if Fleming or Sipthorpe played. I think Moore played but I am not sure of his number. Was it no. 19?

B

brownlow2003

Well The Practice Games Are Over So We now Roll On To Rnd 1 Next Week Vs. Werribee @ 1.10pm At Proton Oval

Scores From Yesterdays Game Were 9.12.66 To 17.22.124

My Best Players From The Game Were Nick Gieschen,Mark Chaffey,Eric Kuret & Matthew Shir

Most Of The Players Have Been Wearing Different Jumpers in the practice games,Hopefully Next Week They Are Back in there normal Jumpers

Richmond Players That Played Yesterday Were
Mark Chaffey,Kayne Pettifer,Matthew Shir,Kelvin Moore,Jay Schulz,Adam Pickering,BillyNicholls,Andrew Mills & Marty Mcgrath

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
crackertiger said:
19 would be Fleming.

Did Dragi play?

No, Crackertiger - Dragga was no where to be seen.

And I am sure Fleming wore no 29 yesterday in long sleeves. But I am sure Brownlow2003 could confirm that.

B

brownlow2003

Koalalill said:
crackertiger said:
19 would be Fleming.

Did Dragi play?

No, Crackertiger - Dragga was no where to be seen.

And I am sure Fleming wore no 29 yesterday in long sleeves. But I am sure Brownlow2003 could confirm that.

Tim Fleming was no where to be seen as well he is still out Inj.
Cheers Damo

B

brownlow2003

Team From Yesterday was
3.....A Maggiore
4.....M Chaffey
6.....G Taylor
7.....L Carlson
8.....K Pettifer
9.... D Talbot
14...D Flaherty
16...D Roberts
17...M Shir
19...S Rode
20...K Moore
21...J Schulz
28...A Pickering
29...W Carlyle
32...B Nicholls
33...E Kuret
34....A Mills
35...M McGrath
41...L Turner
43...S Hart
46...N Gieschen
52...R Brown

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Well gee I feel silly now :-\

The only reason I thought Fleming was no 29 was because I heard someone yell out to the person
in No. 29 what I thought was "Flem Flem here here"

Oops

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Brownlow, you may be able to help. Did Kuret wear no 33 the week before against Box Hill? If so, he is a very likely type

I also like the look of Carlson from what I have seen

B

brownlow2003

DragicevicFan said:
Brownlow, you may be able to help. Did Kuret wear no 33 the week before against Box Hill? If so, he is a very likely type

Yes DF, Eric Kuret Did Wear no. 33 against Box Hill 8)