Practice Match - Sunday March 21st | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Practice Match - Sunday March 21st

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
I missed all of the 1st Quarter, but these were the Richmond players that played (the one's that I could recognize anyway).

Rory Hilton - on the ground until 1/2 way thru the last quarter. Played well, amongst all the action, hard at the ball and seemed a lot quicker than I remember (maybe it was just that the pace is slower at VFL level). Might have come off injured though, as had a big bag of ice strapped to his left knee.

Billy Nicholls - on the ground for the time I was there, played in the midfield. Played well, no problems.

Fletcher - played full game, got plenty of the ball. No problems.

Hartigan - came off early in last 1/4. Dont know if injured or may be just being eased in. Played well, was on Cupido for some of time. Seems to think on his feet well, got out of trouble when under pressure a few times.

Dunc Kellaway - Played until 3/4 time. Played strongly, marshalled the troups well on the field. Kicked a goal  :eek: :eek: :eek:

No show - Matty Rogers - I asked the guy sitting behind me (who I later found out was the Kellaway Bros. dad)whether he had played early in the game, but he said that Matty injured his knee at training on ?Thurs nite.

RazorBoy

Apr 18, 2003
I left about 10 mins before the end of the game TG, and Coburg were still 4 goals ahead.

Up until 3/4 time the burgers were well ahead, almost 7 goals up, but after a few of our guys came off in the last 1/4 the bombers started to get a few goals, and they were kicking with the wind behind them.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks for the report Tiges4....

I hope you congratulated Mr K on his breeding program while you had a chance. ;D

Did you suss him out whether his two illustrious sons will front up next Friday night?

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
Coburg won

11-16-82
9-9-63

Dragga was superb, got heaps of the ball, won centre clearances and kicked a couple of goals.

Hartigan looks good, hard at it and finds space.

Kelvin Moore looked pretty handy up back as well. ;D

RazorBoy

Apr 18, 2003
Nah, Rosy I'm too shy for that.  :-[

Dunc came and sat near us when he finished playing, and one of his friends/rellos asked whether he would get a game next week, and Dunc reckons he might be a chance.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
TigersGoddess said:
Did we win? ;D

Could have thrashed them: (according to spotter)
Coburg: 2-4, 5-10, 10-12, 11-16-82
Bendigo: 2-2, 2-3, 5-5, 9-9-63

Some absolute sitters missed, and a bit of bad luck
for some of the others.

Went a bit slack in the last quarter - when most of
the players looked knackered anyway, but still could
have buried them (1-goal 4 behinds in last Q, the 4
behinds could have been goals).

A few of the Coburg players were having a rest
(Dean Talbot, Wozza(Warren Carlyle), Kuret and some
others) Ryan O'Connor had a run - played up
forward and down back.
Hilton took a few good grabs, and would have found
the run helpful - a couple of goals at least, as noted
Dunc kicked a goal - must do that tee-shirt "I was
there when Duncan kicked a goal" - but he's done it in
a few Coburg praccie matches now. Just missed a
chance at a second a few mins later kicking into the
wind. Billy Nichols ("ready made footballer") got a lot
of it, but really, it was his disposal that let him down -
kicked over players etc etc.
Kel Moore would have also found the run helpful.
It would be good if Draga wasn't a Rookie - he had
a good day.

Saw a few Essendon players - Hird, Fletcher - Sheeds
was there - hardly saw a Richmond player apart from
those playing.

Also picked up membership cards and caps.

RazorBoy

Apr 18, 2003
Just thought I should mention that some of the regular Coburg players from last year weren't playing today.

Paddy Steinfort, De Pasquale, Talbot, Pagan and Simon Hart weren't there that I could tell. Does anyone know if they are still playing with Coburg this season?

There was one new player today that I think was Ryan O'Connor (ex- Essendon). He was wearing no. 16 and built like a tank!

His nickname was 'Rock', but I think it should have been 'Brickwall' cos he was hard to get around and he was immovable. He played in the ruck and changed at full forward with the other ruckman. Not really tall enough to be a ruckman (about Vardy size), so dont know if this will be his permanent position or not.

Wherever he ends up playing he is certainly going to add a lot of hardness to the team.

RazorBoy

Apr 18, 2003
baktiger said:
Saw a few Essendon players - Hird, Fletcher - Sheeds
was there - hardly saw a Richmond player apart from
those playing.

I saw Cambo there with a couple of other guys, but I was too far away to recognize who they were. Saw them heading into the rooms at 1/2 time. Also saw Greg Miller and Hutchy.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Tiges4ever said:
Paddy Steinfort, De Pasquale, Talbot, Pagan and Simon Hart weren't there that I could tell. Does anyone know if they are still playing with Coburg this season?

Talbot was the runner for the reserves game, and Pagan
was around as well - but didn't play as far as I could
see.
De Pasquale is in SA (with Knighter) as is Butler.
Hart is somewhere else - can't remember. I dunno
about Paddy Steinfort - but his brother Carl is there.

There was one new player today that I think was Ryan O'Connor (ex- Essendon). He was wearing no. 16 and built like a tank!

His nickname was 'Rock', but I think it should have been 'Brickwall' cos he was hard to get around and he was immovable. He played in the ruck and changed at full forward with the other ruckman. Not really tall enough to be a ruckman (about Vardy size), so dont know if this will be his permanent position or not.

Wherever he ends up playing he is certainly going to add a lot of hardness to the team.

He's also the ruck coach. And yes, he's a big bloke
alright. He's slow though - but that might not be such
a problem at VFL level.

UltimateFreq

U Tell Em Dr.Harry!!
Mar 22, 2004
Victoria

Talbot was just rested to preserve him for the season, Pagan felt saw during the warm-up (calf troubles) and i think only played the first 5 minutes or not at all, and as for Paddy Steinfort i believe he is over in SA and playing up there this year.

Did anyone get a chance to see any of the Reserves game at all??