Practice match vs Shittwood punt rd today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Practice match vs Shittwood punt rd today

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Watched the last quarter - disappointed they didn't let supporters in so had to hang on the fence on punt rd.

Anyway my observations on the last quarter

Hugo looks very lively - runs hard and gets very involved. Made some errors but just keeps going.

Ross was very solid inside and distributed to team mates at will. Looked a level above and the obvious replacement for Prestia.

MJ didn't get much of it but looked lively and fresh. Was more interested in how his conditioning looked and he was running on top of the ground late in the game.

RCD - only noticed him a couple of times when he tried to break a tackled and got caught holding the ball.

Naish got a bit of the ball but seemed to slip over a bit.

Ryan was struggling against his senior opponent cameron

Miller and Biggy didn't do anything to catch the eye.

Chol did some razzle dazzle which we know he can.

Didn't notice ccj dow and mansell. Most were wearing different numbers.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Interesting highlights. Lots f goals from set shots, is this an impact of the offside rule they are trialling in the VFL?

DS

Feb 25, 2007
Was also good to read the report on Mansell in the praccy match V the pies.

"Another player who will look to emulate the feats of Houli is Ryan Mansell.
The zippy and tenacious defender is hard to beat one-on-one, rebounds with verve, and is courageous in his attack on the ball".

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
39! Big day out.
And only 15 HR which means he had to collect it himself 24 times. Or he did the kicking out...

Ross getting 9 tackles and 10 i50 are good numbers too
Didn’t realise kick ins counted?

I reckon Naish will suit the new rules

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They do if you play on.
If play on means running out of the square then they are all play on then
No idea if Naish did the kick ins in the vfl or not but it would sure boost Short’s numbers

Last edited:

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Was also good to read the report on Mansell in the praccy match V the pies.

"Another player who will look to emulate the feats of Houli is Ryan Mansell.
The zippy and tenacious defender is hard to beat one-on-one, rebounds with verve, and is courageous in his attack on the ball".

Would be a sight for sore eyes if mansell progressed , so many lively small forwards need a good minder