PRE 2014 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2014 Phantom Draft

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Any chance you guts that study the draft kids could do your own mock top12, be very interested who most of you guys think will slip to us

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Have my pick ready and waiting for Carlton to have a pick

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
bullus_hit said:
Calling Tora for pick 65.

Tora has 2 hours otherwise it's over to Sammy C, given we're at the speculative end of the draft I'll leave picks blank and people can fill it in when they get a chance.

Tigion

Us Against The World
Nov 25, 2006
East Gippsland
bullus_hit said:
Tora has 2 hours otherwise it's over to Sammy C, given we're at the speculative end of the draft I'll leave picks blank and people can fill it in when they get a chance.

in that case ill let you know now Essendon Pass on there last 2 picks

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With Pick 66 Gold Coast Suns Select Adam Saad from The Coburg Football Club 178cm 78kg

Adam was moved down back in 2014 to help his game and it did he turned transition from attack into defence all season and it proved a brilliant move. Adam tied for Coburg's best and fairest in 2014 and was named in the VFL team of the year . He has a damaging left foot and a very well balanced for a 20 year old.

Welcome To The Suns Adam

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
With pick 74 Geelong pick Jack Cripps, 196cm tall forward from East Fremantle.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Pick 70 Richmond - Hugh Beasley (Oakleigh Charges)
!90cm, 86kg
Defender

It's been a good year for the Chargers on so many levels, they really have had a star studded line-up and will dominate the upcoming draft. One player who has seemingly slipped through the radar has been the rapidly improving Hugh Beasley. Last year he was a chance to be drafted but was overlooked, it seemed to be a case of improving his disposal and becoming more involved, his negating skills have never been in question, in fact he was one of the only players to steal the points from Tom Boyd last season. This season he's come on in leaps and bounds, not only quelling Paddy McCartin & Peter Wright but also making a name for himself as a creative play-maker.

Finishing high on the Morrish Medal leaderboard was just reward for a stellar year, Beasley's consistency was notable being named in the best players in 13 matches and he did that with an 80% disposal efficiency. He also kicked bags of 4 goals on two occasions just highlighting how well he's developing. There's a good chance that Hugh will play up the ground at AFL level, he can run a 2.86sec/20 metre sprint and is generally a good decision maker, his tank will need to improve but a couple of preseasons should attend to that.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigertim said:
With pick 74 Geelong pick Jack Cripps, 196cm tall forward from East Fremantle.

Sorry tigertim - You will have to try again :p

ROUND 3
41. St Kilda - Oscar McDonald
42. Melbourne - Billy Stretch (F/S)
43. Adelaide - Declan Hamilton
44. Brisbane Lions - Liam Dawson (Academy Selection)
45. Western Bulldogs - Jack Cripps
46. Western Bulldogs - Matt Goodyear

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005
If anyone is looking for some late round value you could consider Ben Edwards from Glenelg.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
Sorry tigertim - You will have to try again :p

ROUND 3
41. St Kilda - Oscar McDonald
42. Melbourne - Billy Stretch (F/S)
43. Adelaide - Declan Hamilton
44. Brisbane Lions - Liam Dawson (Academy Selection)
45. Western Bulldogs - Jack Cripps
46. Western Bulldogs - Matt Goodyear
Sorry about that chief, I did run my eye down the list, must've missed him. I'll try again.

Pick 74 Geelong Billy Frampton 200cm ruckman from Sth Fremantle. You can't have too many rucks and when 2 of them are McIntosh and Simpson we need to start preparing for the future.

Plus at some stage we,ll get to put "Frampton comes alive" on the banner.

MTiger

The ROAR is back!
May 27, 2011
We (Dees) have no spots on our list. We shall pass our remaining picks :clap

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Last pick for me, Sydney selects Blaine Boekhurst with 94, had him listed at 69kg but the extra 6kg pushes him into calculations.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Last pick for me, Sydney selects Blaine Boekhurst with 94, had him listed at 69kg but the extra 6kg pushes him into calculations.

Very good selection Bullus , Exactly the type of player we should be looking to select with our #70 still only 21 and could improve heaps in a AFL team
Very good speed and great user of the ball and dead eye *smile* kicking for goal, Needs to baulk up a little - Very underated player on the footy forums

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-27/draft-prospect-blaine-boekhorst

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Very good selection Bullus , Exactly the type of player we should be looking to select with our #70
Very good speed and great user of the ball and dead eye *smile* kicking for goal - Very underated player

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-27/draft-prospect-blaine-boekhorst

Have word that both Collingwood & Carlton are very keen, will be very interesting to see who pulls the trigger first.