PRE 2014 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2014 Phantom Draft

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Have word that both Collingwood & Carlton are very keen, will be very interesting to see who pulls the trigger first.

Im sure they would be looking to Rookie him, Would be great to grab him with our #70 from under their noses

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geelong pick 91: Dylan Hodge. 2 reasons: he's from Geelong and he's Lukes brother

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
Geelong pick 91: Dylan Hodge. 2 reasons: he's from Geelong and he's Lukes brother

He'd be recruited on potential alone, doesn't have too many runs on the board as yet. The bloodlines are damn good though.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
bullus_hit said:
He'd be recruited on potential alone, doesn't have too many runs on the board as yet. The bloodlines are damn good though.
Agreed bunt can't help think he,ll end up in the "Cameron Croad/Justin Crawford" category.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With our final selection Pick 84 The Gold Coast Suns select Sam Tagliabue from Essendon at 206cm

We need some more Height at 23 we think at The Suns Sam is ready to take the next jump

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Well this ran out of steam quickly, there's still a bit of life left in it with 17 picks to go.

Anyway, to recap Geelongs picks:
Jarrod Pickett, Aidan Anderson, Zac Ballard, Billy Frampton and Dylan Hodge.

I have to have done better than my phantom picks from last year: Luke MCdonald, Matt Sully, Chris Cain and Willy Rioli (only MCdonald got drafted we already knew that going into the draft....)

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I guess it's much tougher to guess from this point, very speculative after 60. In some ways we won't be disadvantaged by Taylor Hunt, if someone drops we can always rejig the rookie ratio.

Richmond's final selections are -

12 - Nakia Cockatoo
33 - Peter Bampton
52 - Caleb Daniel
70 - Hugh Beasley (likely rookie draft pick)
88 - Josh McGuiness (likely rookie draft pick)

Sydney's final selections are -

38 - Clem Smith
58 - Jack Lonie
94 - Blaine Boekhorst

The most intriguing thing for me is when Caleb Daniel will drop, I suspect it will be 4th round to rookie but we will have to wait & see. Port will probably pick him with a 4th-6th round pick given they enter the draft late.

Peter Bampton is tipped to fall into the third round, whoever gets him will get a bargain. It happens every year that a highly talented inside mid slides and it would appear that Bamps is this year's man. Had it not been for injury he would have been captaining SA and putting his name up in neon lights. Statistically, he is a rarity, his kicking efficiency has been 81% and his disposal efficiency 85% playing for Norwood seniors. He may be unfashionable but he's very effective.

My smokey is Hugh Beasley, I picked him as a project because at 190cm he is perhaps an undersized key position but a lovely height for a midfielder. He can run like the wind too, registering a 2.86sec/20 metre sprint.

Sydney racked up value all the way, all three players are likely to go higher than their phantom draft positions. Will be interesting to see how Clem goes, to me he's a boom/bust type but would love to see him knuckle down and make a name for himself. His 2013 was much better than his 2014 so hopefully he recaptures that form. Boekhorst will go much higher, he will also end up at either Carlton or Collingwood, 2nd-3rd round most likely.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For Brisbane at 67 I'l throw a name up of a boy I reckoned is worth a rookie shot

Rory Sheridan-Ferrie forward who could turn into a tall midfielder who knows how to kick goals. . At 189 and 76 cm this a frame to work with. I know the Eastern coaching panel think he has a really special skill set.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Who's pick is it, had a look on the 1st page and its all over the shop - Psst Bullus I was planning on taking Rose for the Hawks lol

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Who's pick is it, had a look on the 1st page and its all over the shop - Psst Bullus I was planning on taking Rose for the Hawks lol

We've been stalled for nearly a week so I just opened it up for people to fill in the blanks, messages sent but no movement. Do you have any other preferences?

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Well i believe the dogs are done and in the real draft wont be taking any other selections after #64 which is Cordy & Was waithing for the Hawks turn with #68 to take Rose but will select another player tonight - just have to step out now

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Well i believe the dogs are done and in the real draft wont be taking any other selections after #64 which is Cordy & Was waithing for the Hawks turn with #68 to take Rose but will select another player tonight - just have to step out now

No problem, I'll put you in for Rose, I'll take another pick.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Pick 88 Richmond - Josh McGuinness
189cm, 72kg
Lauderdale
Rebounding defender

Being from the Apple Isle Josh has slipped under the radar a bit, in fact he was the only Tassie boy to be invited to the combine. Fortunately for the lanky lad from Lauderdale, he has garnered significant interest and was interviewed by 16 clubs, with 6 showing more than a passing interest. Stylistically he plays like Kade Kolodjashnij, in fact he has been in close contact with the GC player throughout the year, getting various tips on how to get himself onto an AFL list. Much like KK, his kicking is elite having registered 85% DE over his 3 games in division 2 of the u/18 carnival. Averaging 26 disposals a match he earned himself AA honours and has impressed recruiters with his added kicking depth, something which will be critical if he's to replicate the feats of his predecessor. Athletically he's very agile, recording an impressive 8.33 in the agility test. The challenge for Josh will be to add some extra weight to his slight frame, this will only come after several seasons in the AFL and puts him into the project player category. For a late/rookie pick he's definitely worth the gamble and I predict he will be picked up either in the national draft or the rookie draft.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
After a long discussion the Weagles have decided to use pick 69.

Brad Walsh
180cm 81kg.

Another tough inside mid/half back. Walsh will push for a spot in the team from Rd 1.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
tigertim said:
Well this ran out of steam quickly, there's still a bit of life left in it with 17 picks to go.

Anyway, to recap Geelongs picks:
Jarrod Pickett, Aidan Anderson, Zac Ballard, Billy Frampton and Dylan Hodge.

I have to have done better than my phantom picks from last year: Luke MCdonald, Matt Sully, Chris Cain and Willy Rioli (only MCdonald got drafted we already knew that going into the draft....)
Oh dear.., Pickett and Frampton. Well it's slightly better than last years.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Ill give it a go if no one else wants to run it this year