PRE 2018 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2018 Phantom Draft

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Carlton

1. Jack Lukosius (pick 2)
66. Tom Lewis - (not drafted)
68. Ben Silvagni - (pick 70)
72. Michael Gibbons - (not drafted)

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
Carlton

Pick 66 still on my mind, instincts tell me it's not over & he will be in the conversation next year. Tank & agility good, senior exposure but maybe clubs don't like the fact he's on the slow side.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Fremantle

17. Fremantle - Bailey Williams- 35
36. Fremantle - Luke Foley- 31
47. Fremantle - Thomas Berry- 36
62. Fremantle - Mitch Maguire- NIL
76. Fremantle - Will Hammil- 30.

Pretty happy with that lot, and I reckon time will show recruiters got Williams and Maguire wrong, not me. ;D

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Brodders17 said:
Fremantle

17. Fremantle - Bailey Williams- 35
36. Fremantle - Luke Foley- 31
47. Fremantle - Thomas Berry- 36
62. Fremantle - Mitch Maguire- NIL
76. Fremantle - Will Hammil- 30.

Pretty happy with that lot, and I reckon time will show recruiters got Williams and Maguire wrong, not me. ;D

Nailed it, Maguire still only 20.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Adelaide

8. Jye Caldwell (11)
15. Liam Stocker (19)
19. Ned McHenry (16)
25. Jez McLennan (23)
69. Riley Grundy (73)
78. Oscar Chapman Nil

Pretty happy with that. Chapman the only bust.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Dev Tiger said:
Adelaide

8. Jye Caldwell (11)
15. Liam Stocker (19)
19. Ned McHenry (16)
25. Jez McLennan (23)
69. Riley Grundy (73)
78. Oscar Chapman Nil

Pretty happy with that. Chapman the only bust.

Good job that, think I prefer your Caldwell pick too.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Richmond

21. Richmond - Connor McFadyen -42
44. Richmond - James Rowbottom - 25
61. Richmond - Sam Fletcher - Undrafted
65. Richmond - Mitchell Riordan - Undrafted
70. Richmond - Jordan Butts - Rookie Listed

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
No offence Turk but I like Clarke's picks better!
RCD Ross Turner English. Has a ring to it!

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigerdell said:
No offence Turk but I like Clarke's picks better!
RCD Ross Turner English. Has a ring to it!

I certainly would have had RCD well and truly as my 1st pick had he been available and Rowbottom with our 2nd i would also be happy with

I would still prefer Fletcher over English even though he wasnt drafted and Butts i still like

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Richmond

21. Richmond - Connor McFadyen -42
44. Richmond - James Rowbottom - 25
61. Richmond - Sam Fletcher - Undrafted
65. Richmond - Mitchell Riordan - Undrafted
70. Richmond - Jordan Butts - Rookie Listed

Some of these guys who didn't get selected still have time on their hands, with the gates starting to open with the state league players, guys like Fletcher can still make it. I have a couple in my top 50 who missed the cut too, but I still reckon a good season in the VFL/SANFL will see their stocks start to climb again. The one truism in every draft is that the Fothergill-Round medalist gets a shot, that's something that keeps the flame burning for the youngsters.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Some of these guys who didn't get selected still have time on their hands, with the gates starting to open with the state league players, guys like Fletcher can still make it. I have a couple in my top 50 who missed the cut too, but I still reckon a good season in the VFL/SANFL will see their stocks start to climb again. The one truism in every draft is that the Fothergill-Round medalist gets a shot, that's something that keeps the flame burning for the youngsters.

Riordan was always a long shot but Fletcher certainly has afl qualities and think he has what it takes to be given a go at AFL level

Im hoping RFC get a couple of these kids onto our VFL list so we can have them in our system and develop them under our eyes / roof so as we have a good look at them and will more likely have first dibs and value them accordingly.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
turk-d-tiger said:
I certainly would have had RCD well and truly as my 1st pick had he been available

Butts i still like

We are all pretty ecstatic with RCD!

And no brother can deny :D

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Smoking Aces said:
Carlton

Finally Gibbons gets a look in.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
taztiger4 said:
Will he be a Kane Lambert or an Adam Marcon ?
Foolish question taz. He's playing for Carlscum, Adam Marcon will do nicely thank you n Carlscum should count their blessings if he should go that well.

No offence intended n nothing personal to Gibbons, poor bastard has to take whatever he can get in Carlscum, he's been trying that long.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Thought you might.

The Bombers need to get a wriggle on if they want to achieve anything, with Hurley and Zaka turning 29 next year, Hooker 31, Bellchambers 30, Heppell 27, Myers 30, Ambrose 28, and even Shiel and Smith will be 26.

Everyone is on the lookout for the next Tim Kelly and we love a shortcut at Tullamarine, so we're going for South Fremantle B&F Marlion Pickett. The 26-year-old moved from half-back to the midfield this year, replacing Kelly, and excelled. He had a couple of big finals, including 26 disposals and 4 goals in the qualifying final, and 25 and 2 in the semi.

183cm, 85kg, spent time in the joint as a young man but has his life on track. Tough ball-winner with pace, skills, and the ability to take a hanger, we didn't want to take the risk someone else would snap him up before our next pick in the 60s.
Sometimes astute judges call it.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
and to toot my own horn

Plays like : Shane Edwards x Byron Pickett

and i'm voting for Pickett. Reckon it would be ideal to have Pickett off a wing, half back. Great versatility.

Plus i would keep Stack in the VFL and ideally select him next year under the same scheme pre-2019 draft. It is very unlikely that he plays senior AFL in 2019, so its a development and fitness year. Live with Dimma and grow up and get ready for 2020 and beyond

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
If we are going to do a Phantom Draft again this year count me in