PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I'd love to pick Sydney Stack here. From a talent and needs perspective he's a perfect fit for GWS. But I can't ignore that if they wanted him he'd be there already as part of the Hopper or Taranto trades. It seems obvious Kingsley doesn't want him, so in the interest of authenticity, I won't pick him. However I reserve the right if and when he comes good to remind everyone that I always backed him in and there'd be a place at my footy club for him. But I'm not privy to the day-to-day so it's easy for me to say. (I think I've covered all bases there.)

I would have been keen on Ryan here if he hadn't been Scooped up, or Pascu or Magor. But with Cumming emerging, Fahey coming through and our (my) plan to shift Ash back into defence we should be okay for running backs, with Hotton and Allan also options to begin their careers there. With Taylor, Aleer and Buckley along with Himmelberg, we're okay for key defenders too.

Nick Haynes turns 31 next year and we might be looking to dump his salary if we can. Regardless, we could probably do with a developing intercept marker, so I'll go with:

54. Tom McCallum.

The 192cm, 82kg (there ya go @caesar ) lad from Jack Riewoldt territory in Clarence caught the eye as a clean-marking, neat-using, quick, no-fuss versatall across half-back for the Allies, averaging 17 disposals. Made the bench of the NAB League Team of the Year after a solid season for the Devils.

@turk-d-tiger you're finally up, pal. Don't screw it up!
Good shout, I would have called his name, another Tassie product slipping under the radar.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Your up again spook , Im bidding on your academy boy
Harry Rowston (GWS Academy)

@spook

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Your up again spook , Im bidding on your academy boy
Harry Rowston (GWS Academy)
I was wondering when that would come. I was beginning to think I'd have to take him with my final pick - which I would have, so it's a defiinite match here.

55. Harry Rowston. 182cm, strongly-built inside mid who can also get on the spread and take a good grab. Was named MVP for the Allies (23 disposals, 5 clearances per game and had a 3-goal game) ahead of the much-greater-hyped Jaspa Fletcher, and on the HFF of the AA team (although IMO there were better players on the bench and possibly even not in the side). Averaged 22.4 disposals in seven games as the Calder Cannons' best mid, including 26 in a final against Sandy's midfield of Ashcroft, Mackenzie and Hotton. Just a good, solid, all-round mid.

Back to you, turk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Whilst im at it and have 2 picks in a Row , I will also make sure Norf dont get Harvey as a Rookie selection
so lets bid on Cooper Harvey also
@Scoop

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
With most of the players i was hoping to be available all gone , I will go needs based and local boys so they dont decide to go home in 2 years time

Pick #56 - Adam D'Aloia - Woodville-West Torrens (SA)
Height: 186cm
Weight: 86kg
D.O.B: 09-04-2004

Pick #57 - Will Verrall
State: South Australia
State League Club: South Adelaide
Date of Birth: 11/03/04;
Height: 200cm; Weight: 95kg

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
With most of the players i was hoping to be available all gone , I will go needs based and local boys so they dont decide to go home in 2 years time

Pick #56 - Adam D'Aloia - Woodville-West Torrens (SA)
Height: 186cm
Weight: 86kg
D.O.B: 09-04-2004

Pick #57 - Will Verrall
State: South Australia
State League Club: South Adelaide
Date of Birth: 11/03/04;
Height: 200cm; Weight: 95kg
Those two are good gets, I think Adelaide have done exceedingly well.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Those two are good gets, I think Adelaide have done exceedingly well.
I think with 2 picks in the late 50's i had to get players that fit a list need and have shown enough to be worth giving a shot and being local boys with support around them gives them the best chance to succeed , Lemmy , Scully ,Binns , Dowling , Jones were my targets with late picks but all got taken earlier

couple of players that were in consideraion were
Long , Elliot , Petric

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I think with 2 picks in the late 50's i had to get players that fit a list need and have shown enough to be worth giving a shot and being local boys with support around them gives them the best chance to succeed , Lemmy , Scully ,Binns , Dowling , Jones were my targets with late picks but all got taken earlier

couple of players that were in consideraion were
Long , Elliot , Petric
I expected Long to be called by now.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Pick 59 Port Adelaide: Nick Sadler

Team: Sturt (SA)
Height: 180cm
Weight: 73kg
Position: Midfielder

Gone the local lad this time.

Pure footballer.
Still a bit undersized so will take a couple of preseasons to have an impact at AFL level but his all round game is very solid. He certainly can play.
Good pace, finds the ball, strong footskills, good at clearance & works hard defensively.

Last edited:

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Pick 60 Essendon : Noah Long, Bendigo Pioneers, 178cm, 76kg midfielder/forward.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
At Pick 61 Richmond select Tylar Young.

5/9/1998, 196cm, 92kg, key defender

At this stage in the draft it’s worth taking a pick on one of our own from our VFL program.

Mature in terms of age but still plenty of upside to Tyler considering he has only been in the game for a few years where he crossed over from soccer.

Can play on talls and smaller types due his speed and athleticism.

@TigerForce you are up next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Since Noah Long has been stolen from us, at pick 62 we will take the athletic and speedy defender, Bailey McDonald from the Oakleigh Chargers, who will be able to take over from our great defender Zac Touhy once he retires after next season. We are ready for our back-to-back flag in 2023.

mrposhman for Hawthorn is next pick.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
At Pick 61 Richmond select Tyler Tylar Young.

5/9/1998, 196cm, 92kg, key defender

At this stage in the draft it’s worth taking a pick on one of our own from our VFL program.

Mature in terms of age but still plenty of upside to Tyler considering he has only been in the game for a few years where he crossed over from soccer.

Can play on talls and smaller types due his speed and athleticism.

@TigerForce you are up next.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hawks round out their picks with Archie Lovelock.

Small forward / mid, I'm not sure if its seeing him in a black shirt with a yellow sash, but he reminds me of Kane Lambert. Great endurance, good kick, works both ways.

@tigersnake Carlton are up

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Pick 64 Carlton select Ben Edwards, 181cm midfielder, 77kg. Claremont

Mature age, 23, hard working, high energy competitor, we think he can take the next step. Meat and potatoes pick to counter the Hollywood picks thus far.

@tigersnake up next for the purple haze

Last edited: