PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
West Coast
pick 9 Elijah Hewett (actual 14)
13 Oliver Hollands (11)
23 Lachlan Cowan (30)
28 Darcy Jones (21)

Actual West Coast
Reuben Ginbey (9), Elijah Hewett (14), Harry Barnett (23), Coby Burgiel (29), Noah Long (58)

Pretty close to the pin, though I listened to Bully too much for Cowan :D
You won't be disappointed, he can play, the only question for me is whether he settles in as a rebounder or moves further up the ground. I think an important factor in assessing his upside is grading his learning curve in defence, he's had one year down there, so far, so good. A bit more subdued at state level but I've seen his capability as a 100 metre player, he has the daring & his 5.6 score involvements a match tells you he has hurt factor. I did the research & only Heppell has won the Morrish from defence, I'm taking that as a positive omen.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'm pretty happy with my phantom picking.
The real WCE picked up a ruck but otherwise I'm bullish.

Both Jones and Burgiel are super athletic, Coby not a midget so downgrade WC there.
Ginbey is a project, so downgrade WC again.

Also WCs pick 70something came in to get Long, at least in our phantom draft we kept going longer!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I'm pretty happy with my phantom picking.
The real WCE picked up a ruck but otherwise I'm bullish.

Both Jones and Burgiel are super athletic, Coby not a midget so downgrade WC there.
Ginbey is a project, so downgrade WC again.

Also WCs pick 70something came in to get Long, at least in our phantom draft we kept going longer!
I think your picks are outstanding, Hewett & Cowan were my picks in the event we held our original hand. Jones on talent is top 10, it just becomes a question of adding 10kg to his featherweight frame. Hollands is another I like, maybe not a monster upside but screams core footballer. I would have given this haul an A grade.

Last edited:

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think your picks are outstanding, Hewett & Cowan were my picks in the event we held our original hand. Jones on talent is top 10, it just becomes a question of adding 10kg to his featherweight frame. Hollands is another I like, maybe not a monster upside but screams core footballer. I would have given this haul an A grade.
Thanks mate

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Munkara been delisted by Essendon.
Geez, that's gone well for Essendrugs, lasted all of one whole year. Young Mosquito packed his bags n went home after he showed some serious promise then popped a knee. Now Munkara has been sent packing after one bog average season at VFL level. Drag a kid out of a completely different life environment then dump him after one season. What the hell were they expecting from him? Instant elite professional standards?

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I'm in. Bags St Kilda I'll double up with another side with a couple of picks if not enough starters.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Phillipou tearing up the track, aerobic capacity beefing up and he's very likely to take the next step this year. Terrible decision by Dodoro & Wells to overlook him for Tsatas & Clark & to think these guys are often cited as the benchmark for all recruiters, even SOS is making them look like amateurs.

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Phillipou tearing up the track, aerobic capacity beefing up and he's very likely to take the next step this year. Terrible decision by Dodoro & Wells to overlook him for Tsatas & Clark & to think these guys are often cited as the benchmark for all recruiters, even SOS is making them look like amateurs.
What does Tearing up the track mean?
I know Pettifier and Fleming in the early 2000's were burning the track.
It means nothing.
Phillipou looks like a cheap version of Petrecca more like fat ass Stringer

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
What does Tearing up the track mean?
I know Pettifier and Fleming in the early 2000's were burning the track.
It means nothing.
Phillipou looks like a cheap version of Petrecca more like fat ass Stringer
He placed third in the time trial, that tells me he's almost ready for the midfield, stellar first year. Not sure what games you've been watching but he looks like an elite talent talent to me.