PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
an earthquake just knocked out my internet so I may have trouble updating the spreadsheet but will put my pick in once Scoop is done, to King Kong & Bengal Tiger, I will remove the filter but please don't get personal this year, happy to have a yarn but not up for the insults

Woah, where are you to get knocked out by an earthquake?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Northern Thailand, unsure of Richter scale reading but my apartment sure did rattle, Phuket also under water, fun times

Just saw it on the USGS website, not huge (only 4.2) but very shallow (only 2km in depth) so explains why you had a lot of shaking on the surface. You don't see many as shallow as that.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just saw it on the USGS website, not huge (only 4.2) but very shallow (only 2km in depth) so explains why you had a lot of shaking on the surface. You don't see many as shallow as that.
I think Bullus being in thailand must have caused that earthquake (if you know what i mean)

• Haha

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Hope you're alright mate
All ok, internet back up, no apparent structural damage so probably a mild one in the scheme of things. Phuket was knee deep in water with more rain forecast, I reckon there's a few stranded there so probably a place to steer clear of over the next week or so.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
shall I pick for Carlton/ scoop?

Carlton select...............

Humphrey B. Bear with us with this pick, we are rapt to get Bustling Bailey Humphrey. His CV speaks for itself. We see acres of upside and are surprised and stoked he is still there. He is a funny old fellow, has an idiosyncratic personal style, but these days we embrace the individual and imperfections, but some strides would be good. Needs to stay off the honey and be more vocal, but all up, we are excited!

Reactions: 3 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

Humphrey B. Bear with us with this pick, we are rapt to get Bustling Bailey Humphrey. His CV speaks for itself. We see acres of upside and are surprised and stoked he is still there. He is a funny old fellow, has an idiosyncratic personal style, but these days we embrace the individual and imperfections, but some strides would be good. Needs to stay off the honey and be more vocal, but all up, we are excited!
How will he go when he has to wear pants?

• Haha

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

You are now Carlton, nice pick, he was also on my shortlist.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Doggies take Matthew Jefferson, I think this is a well weighted risk with significant upside, Jefferson's 7 goal performance had it all, including a hanger which reminded me of another Matthew from an era gone by. I think by the time Jefferson puts on some muscle he'll be an imposing presence, this one is definitely a 4 year project but pick 12 is fair weight for a player who could feasibly be the best key forward in this year's crop. At the moment Cadman has him covered with his work at ground level, I think it's fair to mark Jefferson down given he's not quite in the Cadman class when the ball hits the turf, but I also suspect this is a strength issue and is something that will improve over time. Kicking can also be hot & cold but that's to be expected with a tall forward, I think he'll be more reliable than Max King or Joe Daniher over the course of his career. Form against Collingwood ressies wasn't stunning but he did enough to protect his standing as the second best key forward.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Doggies take Matthew Jefferson, I think this is a well weighted risk with significant upside, Jefferson's 7 goal performance had it all, including a hanger which reminded me of another Matthew from an era gone by. I think by the time Jefferson puts on some muscle he'll be an imposing presence, this one is definitely a 4 year project but pick 12 is fair weight for a player who could feasibly be the best key forward in this year's crop. At the moment Cadman has him covered with his work at ground level, I think it's fair to mark Jefferson down given he's not quite in the Cadman class when the ball hits the turf, but I also suspect this is a strength issue and is something that will improve over time. Kicking can also be hot & cold but that's to be expected with a tall forward, I think he'll be more reliable than Max King or Joe Daniher over the course of his career. Form against Collingwood ressies wasn't stunning but he did enough to protect his standing as the second best key forward.
Doggies now flush with forwards

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Doggies now flush with forwards
I see him as the logical upgrade for Schache, I wouldn't be surprised to see this play out on draft day. I also considered Keeler but the Doggies have a similar type in Ugle-Hagen so that seemed like a bit of overkill.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Stepping up when needed is West Coast who pick someone who steps up to each level - Oliver Hollands