PRE page troubles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE page troubles

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I also experienced this 3-4 times today. Waited a minute or 2 and it reloaded fine. I was viewing on mobile, not sure whether that makes any difference.

@Mr T.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Just finished with the hosting company and they say that we reached an I/O limit yesterday... meaning that the forum traffic hit a peak/limit.

I was away from the forum yesterday - was there any potential RFC news that may have triggered the traffic? Did anyone notice the number of members online or even 'guests'? Guest could be bots too.

Btw the site is protected by Cloudflare so any hacking or attacks from certain regions has been minimised.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't think of any current thread that would drive that sort of human traffic.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Can't think of any current thread that would drive that sort of human traffic.
Interesting turn of phrase there.
Are you suggesting attacks by Chinese bots at a similar timing of the issue of the spy balloons on the Conspiracy Theory thread? :cautious:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Interesting turn of phrase there.
Are you suggesting attacks by Chinese bots at a similar timing of the issue of the spy balloons on the Conspiracy Theory thread? :cautious:
hehe, possibly.

But more that non-human i/o can't really be seen unless you look at the logs. Good chance ChatGPT keeps coming back to PRE to update it's sporting excellence data

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just finished with the hosting company and they say that we reached an I/O limit yesterday... meaning that the forum traffic hit a peak/limit.

I was away from the forum yesterday - was there any potential RFC news that may have triggered the traffic? Did anyone notice the number of members online or even 'guests'? Guest could be bots too.

Btw the site is protected by Cloudflare so any hacking or attacks from certain regions has been minimised.
Is 4 pages of robots too many?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Might be the traffic, but GabbaRoadEnd forum is running very slow. Any possible blackouts? :mhihi

• Haha