PRE page troubles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE page troubles

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hi mr T,

im finding more and more the PRE page freezes, is slow when typing eg I’ll type this but it takes 2 seconds before each letter appears. It’s not happening with other sites.

Any thoughts?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Seems ok for me. Issues with your internet, or possibly the time of day? I have noticed the internet slows down at times with everyone home and watching streamed TV.

Then again, 19th century technology will do that even if you call it NBN.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Hi mr T,

im finding more and more the PRE page freezes, is slow when typing eg I’ll type this but it takes 2 seconds before each letter appears. It’s not happening with other sites.

Any thoughts?
The typing shouldn’t be an issue. Most nearly all IT people would say clear the cache or restart the device.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's most likely local. Pull up the task manager and see what's eating CPU cycles.

Unless something funky is going on, when you type a post in the forum, it doesn't get sent to the server until you hit post or preview. It's local on your machine. If there are delays between keystroke and appearing, it's most likely local.

Try incognito mode or another browser. The new Edge chromium browser leave Chrome for dust.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It's most likely local. Pull up the task manager and see what's eating CPU cycles.

Unless something funky is going on, when you type a post in the forum, it doesn't get sent to the server until you hit post or preview. It's local on your machine. If there are delays between keystroke and appearing, it's most likely local.

Try incognito mode or another browser. The new Edge chromium browser leave Chrome for dust.

Yep, absolutely true. If you are running windows have a look at what it is up to in the background, it's insane what Windows gets up to, especially when you are trying to do something.

Look at task manager and if you are using a lot of CPU and/or memory while just browsing the web look at the processes and see what is sucking up your computer's resources. If you can't see everything then show all processes.

The amount of crap going on in the background was the reason I changed to Linux, just got sick of the computer running like a 286 when all I was doing was surfing the 'net.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Given it's not happening on other sites then it might the Xenforo text editor is interacting with your browser. I think there is some interaction with the server side given if I enter @ then it will attempt to look-up a user, even before I submit the post.

Have read the Opera browser has issues with Xenforo. What browser and OS are you using @tigertim ?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Given it's not happening on other sites then it might the Xenforo text editor is interacting with your browser. I think there is some interaction with the server side given if I enter @ then it will attempt to look-up a user, even before I submit the post.

Have read the Opera browser has issues with Xenforo. What browser and OS are you using @tigertim ?
Using safari on an iPad . Still happening even as I type this....

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Using safari on an iPad . Still happening even as I type this....
I’m using an iPad too but with Chrome. Have used a web app earlier today with Safari and typing was atrocious. Browsing with safari was fine.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I’m using an iPad too but with Chrome. Have used a web app earlier today with Safari and typing was atrocious. Browsing with safari was fine.
Been using Chrome for the last 10 minutes, has been working fine since then.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Seen it recently on iPad/Chrome. Was annoying enough to get up and use the PC instead.

Both iPadOS and Chrome have been updated recently so I put it down to some sort of software conflict.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hi just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems when typing replies ie; onscreen keyboard disappears when I hit the arrow down key... or whatever they call it , the one that starts a new paragraph if that make sense?
Happening on both my tablet and phone... bit of a head scratcher... any ideas @Mr T. ?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Hi just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems when typing replies ie; onscreen keyboard disappears when I hit the arrow down key... or whatever they call it , the one that starts a new paragraph if that make sense?
Happening on both my tablet and phone... bit of a head scratcher... any ideas @Mr T. ?
Hi AOC, not experiencing this, what devices are you using and what are you using to view, Chrome, Safari?
T.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hi AOC, not experiencing this, what devices are you using and what are you using to view, Chrome, Safari?
T.
Using a Samsung tablet and a Huawei mobile.. Chrome which is up to date... don't go too technical on me please @Mr T.
I'll try another browser thingo and get back to ya:)

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Using a Samsung tablet and a Huawei mobile.. Chrome which is up to date... don't go too technical on me please @Mr T.
I'll try another browser thingo and get back to ya:)
The best I can offer is to restart the devices :)