PRE Player of the Year 2011 - NAME THE AWARD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Player of the Year 2011 - NAME THE AWARD

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Hi All,

It has been suggested that our annual award for the best Richmond player of the year could use a title that is a bit more exciting than the PRE Player of the Year.

If you can think of an appropriate title for who this community considers the best Richmond player of the year, please post it.

The most popular idea will be commemorated in the the title of the award.

Cheers all!

PTFC

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Tigion said:
PRE Player of the Year 2011 - Nevile Crowe Award

I like this. It recognises Neville's contribution to our club.
It also gives some prestige to the award rather than some gimmicky nick-name.
Good suggestion Tigion. I second it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm not so sure about singling out one person. How do you choose Neville for the honour over Tommy, for example. There are many equally deserving great tigers we could assosiate the award with. I think it would be a shame to choose between them. Happy to go with the flow just the same.

In the meantime keep 'em coming.

Stepped up to the Plate Award.

Head and Shin Award

Fighting Fury Award

The Cherry Ripe

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was quite proud of "The Dudley", but evo blew it away with "The Golden Kazoo". Brilliant name.

We could even physically award a gold coloured kazoo to the player that wins.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigerdog said:
PREmium Tiger Shield/Medal/Award/Cup/Trophy

Good work Td. Love it. I was trying to work the PRE into it but couldn't come up with much myself.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Thanks for your suggestions thus far.

Having a look through, I would be inclined to favour an award title that is not linked to a single player. A more generic title, or one that is linked to PRE would be best.

As much as I love the Golden Kazoo idea, I think it is too closely associated with a single player.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll have to make a decision by Wednesday in time for the new season!

Cheers.