PRE Player of the Year 2011 - SEEKING MATCH REPORTERS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Player of the Year 2011 - SEEKING MATCH REPORTERS

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Hi All,

We are still a good 6 weeks from the Home & Away season, but I thought I would start a thread to solicit PRE contributors to the annual player of the year thread.

There are a couple of reasons that I am doing this for the 2011 season, first and foremost because I will be overseas for a few weeks in the middle of the season and I can only write reports on the matches that I have seen. I think it would also be good to hear other members' perspectives on the matches.

So, if you know that you will be attending a certain match and feel like sending me a couple of paragraphs via PM (usually by the following Thursday) it would be greatly appreciated. If you volunteer and it turns out that you can't or don't want to do the report, let me know ASAP so that alternative arrangements can be made.

I will keep a list in this thread of volunteers for each match.

Round 1 v Carlton - rosy23
Round 2 v St Kilda - Angie
Round 3 v Hawthorn - tigertrue
Round 4 v Collingwood - PtFC
Round 5 v North Melbourne - PtFC
Round 6 v Brisbane - Streak
Round 7 v Fremantle - lukeanddad
Round 8 v Western Bulldogs - TOT70
Round 9 v Essendon - SkillzThatKillz
Round 10 v Port Adelaide - Panthera tigris FC
Round 12 v Sydney - Panthera tigris FC
Round 13 v Brisbane - Streak
Round 14 v Melbourne - evo
Round 15 v Carlton - Big Cat Lover
Round 16 v Essendon - Panthera tigris FC
Round 17 v Gold Coast - Panthera tigris FC
Round 18 v Geelong - Panthera tigris FC
Round 20 v West Coast - Streak
Round 21 v Sydney - Panthera tigris FC
Round 22 v Melbourne
Round 23 v Adelaide
Round 24 v North Melbourne

Thanks all!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Do you want factual, statistical type reports like do so well on your thread Panthera, or the type we've have PREnders provide in the past that came from many different angles, senses of humour and perspectives?

Is it ok for those who can't get to games to write reports from what they saw on telly? I'll certainly put my hand up to have a turn but have a busy year ahead and am not sure if I'll get to too many games live.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
rosy23 said:
Do you want factual, statistical type reports like do so well on your thread Panthera, or the type we've have PREnders provide in the past that came from many different angles, senses of humour and perspectives?

Is it ok for those who can't get to games to write reports from what they saw on telly? I'll certainly put my hand up to have a turn but have a busy year ahead and am not sure if I'll get to too many games live.

Variety is good Rosy. Any sort of report is most welcome. TV-based reporting is fine as well (obviously I have done a bit of that myself!).

Just to be clear - all that is required is a brief report - if you want to include a link to an image to complement your report that would be great. I will continue to handle the tallying of the votes and the leaderboard. If the volunteers could just send me their report via PM, I can include it when I do the weekly post.

I am also happy to continue the end of season awards thread and report as well.

Again, thanks everyone for your input.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
All good news thanks Panthera. Your vote counting and end of year awards are a wonderful feature of this site. I hope plenty of PREnders use the more hands make light work philosophy and volunteer to help out by writing a report or two.

I'll let others nominate games first then will put my name in a gap.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Bump-

Disappointing response to this so far. Panthera does an awesome job with the vote count and end of year report. Surely we can find time to write 1 game report each to help make his job easier.

Who's game?

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
With Round 1 now a week away, I am putting the call out for any volunteers to provide match reports throughout the season. There aren't any rules, just a paragraph or two summarising the game. This will then be included in the weekly Player of the Year post.

At this point the Carlton match is the priority, but if you know that you will be attending a particular game and would like to volunteer, I will pencil your name down.

Cheers all.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I posted the following on the Many Hands Make Light Work thread.

I will put my hand up to write a report of the Carlton game if nobody else is willing to. I won't be at the game and it will probably be more emotive than analytical.

I hope others follow suit and put their hands and take a turn too.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
This is a little outside the square....but I wouldn't mind providing write-ups for games now and then from a defensive perspective.

Can't say which games though as my work hours are all over the place but I would like to provide match analyses of our players within the defensive 50 if there's interest.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Thanks rosy, Streak and RFC4ever. Your offers are appreciated.

I will pencil you in for next Thursday's match rosy and I'll put you down for round 7 at this stage Streak.

If you have a preference RFC4ever, let me know.

Any other volunteers are welcome!

Charlie A

King Cotch
May 26, 2005
I'll happily write the match report for the Round 13 game between the mighty Tigers and the Lions in Brisbane as I will be at the game.

Thanks Panthera and Rosy for all your hard work.

Cotchin/Lids

Tiger Cub
Apr 5, 2009
Panthera tigris FC said:
Hi All,

We are still a good 6 weeks from the Home & Away season, but I thought I would start a thread to solicit PRE contributors to the annual player of the year thread.

There are a couple of reasons that I am doing this for the 2011 season, first and foremost because I will be overseas for a few weeks in the middle of the season and I can only write reports on the matches that I have seen. I think it would also be good to hear other members' perspectives on the matches.

So, if you know that you will be attending a certain match and feel like sending me a couple of paragraphs via PM (usually by the following Thursday) it would be greatly appreciated. If you volunteer and it turns out that you can't or don't want to do the report, let me know ASAP so that alternative arrangements can be made.

I will keep a list in this thread of volunteers for each match.

Round 1 v Carlton - rosy23
Round 2 v St Kilda
Round 3 v Hawthorn
Round 4 v Collingwood
Round 5 v North Melbourne
Round 6 v Brisbane
Round 7 v Fremantle - Streak
Round 8 v Western Bulldogs
Round 9 v Essendon
Round 10 v Port Adelaide
Round 12 v Sydney
Round 13 v Brisbane
Round 14 v Melbourne
Round 15 v Carlton
Round 16 v Essendon
Round 17 v Gold Coast
Round 18 v Geelong
Round 20 v West Coast
Round 21 v Sydney
Round 22 v Melbourne
Round 23 v Adelaide
Round 24 v North Melbourne

Thanks all!

Volunteers that have put their hand up: rosy23, Angie, Streak & RFC4Ever

Hi, I'm a regular blogger for another website, i'd be happy to do any game, just let me know please

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Looking for a volunteer to provide the match report for the Round 4 match against the Pies.

Thanks to tigertrue for volunteering for this Saturday's match.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Seeking a match reporter for this Saturday's game versus the Lions.

If you are able to provide a report, let me know on this thread ASAP.

Cheers.

PtFC.