Pre Season Injury Report | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pre Season Injury Report

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If we win it again this year, what are the odds that the AFL will bring out a rule that if you're injured for Round 1, you can't play finals football.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah, classic overload nick I would guess. I don't mind them at this time of year because it cues you in to find what's out of balance. Otherwise you can have a time bomb under you that goes off at a time when you least want it.
Maybe he's changed boots, maybe he's done different weights, might have not put the work into his core but odds are there will be something in there. I knew a guy once who changed cars and did a hamstring so he demanded the old car back because he was sure it was the different seat.
Wonder if having the slight ankle injury and doing little work for 10 days and then going straight to riding a bike 100k up mountains on the Bright camp had anything to do with it?
Oh well plenty of young mids waiting for their chance.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, classic overload nick I would guess. I don't mind them at this time of year because it cues you in to find what's out of balance. Otherwise you can have a time bomb under you that goes off at a time when you least want it.
Maybe he's changed boots, maybe he's done different weights, might have not put the work into his core but odds are there will be something in there. I knew a guy once who changed cars and did a hamstring so he demanded the old car back because he was sure it was the different seat.
I knew a guy who tore his left hammy pretty badly and had to drive an hour home, in a manual.

It was me. Ouch!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
What was Roughhead doing?
Patton got rid of the ball and Roughhead still went through with the tackle.
It wouldve been interesting if it was Steele or Gresham he injuried
Only saw it once and that's exactly what I thought.... Two years out of game and his reflexes are way down? But totally avoidable.

Reactions: 1 user

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I knew a guy who tore his left hammy pretty badly and had to drive an hour home, in a manual.

It was me. Ouch!
Hehe I did the same with a torn abductor, way back in my Brock Commodore, that had the Muncie rockcrusher gearbox and a clutch you needed both feet to depress.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Only saw it once and that's exactly what I thought.... Two years out of game and his reflexes are way down? But totally avoidable.
The surprising thing was he never did any of those tackles in entire career at hawthorn.
He broke his leg 2 places.
Ratten wouldve lost his nut if it was a big name player

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not too worried about Houli's and Prestia's minor niggles and hearing that Soldo is doing well is especially pleasing
Houli would have to be doubtful for at least the first few weeks, which gives an opportunity to someone either in defence or on the wing if KMac or Marlion play down back.