Pre-season Update | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pre-season Update

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
From The Age:

RICHMOND

Injury list
Ben Holland, knee rehab, in full training February for return in first four-to-five weeks of season 2003
Justin Blumfield, osteitis pubis, on modified program until January
Wayne Campbell, groin, in full training January
Marc Dragicevic, knee rehab, in full training January-February
Rory Hilton, shoulder, resumes contact work in January
Royce Vardy, ankle, in full training

Leanest: Leon Cameron

Fittest: Leon Cameron, Mark Chaffey, Darren Gaspar, Kane Johnson

Most impressive: "Darren Gaspar has been terrific." Greg Hutchison, football manager)

Eye-catcher: Aaron Fiora. Increased weight, training very well. Mark Coughlan and Ty Zantuck are also setting high standards.

By the by: Leon Cameron had an interrupted pre-season last year followed by a season he'd rather forget. He hasn't missed a beat in the gym, on the track and in the running this time.

Rating: 8/10 (Greg Hutchison)

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
If dutchy won't be ready til at least round 4 or 5 :( and then some given he will need time to get back into the swing of things, we definitely need someone to fill in at CHB for quite a few games.

Good to hear Leon is on fire. Hope he has a big one in 2003.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If dutchy won't be ready til at least round 4 or 5  :( and then some given he will need time to get back into the swing of things, we definitely need someone to fill in at CHB for quite a few games.

Good to hear Leon is on fire. Hope he has a big one in 2003.

We need a new and permanent CHB altogether.

A

admin

Justin Blumfield, osteitis pubis, on modified program until January
Does Blumfield have a history of OP, or has he developed it training with us?
If so I'm certainly glad the Bummers are paying most of his salary for us.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Good to see they are takng their time with the knew reco. players. Especially Holland. But this highlights our need for going after a tall on Friday.

Rosy,
Regarding Blumfield and OP - I vaguely remember him missing a couple of games in 2002 - may have been for a groin strain. But I was surprised when I read that. But if he has had groin problems in the past and to now have OP you would question if the original injury was managed and healed properly

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Does Blumfield have a history of OP, or has he developed it training with us?

I havent heard anything about him having a history of OP before and I think he played just about every game last year so I guess its something thats come on relatively recently.

OP is usually associated with younger players overtraining to early for their bodies to cope. Given his form drop off last year and unexpected trade I wouldnt be surprised to find Blumfield may have been trying to train his way back to 2000/2001 form and overdone it a little.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I just heard on the radio that The Storm are training with The Tigers tomorrow morning at punt rd.
Lets hope that they show all the boys how to tackle with bone crunching hardness and that they remember it all season through!
And I think a few of us may have to go down and keep an eye on our little mate Rodan cause The Storm may try and steal him by hiding him inside a tackling bag ;D

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
I just heard on the radio that The Storm are training with The Tigers tomorrow morning at punt rd.
Lets hope that they show all the boys how to tackle with bone crunching hardness and that they remember it all season through

The Storm trained with us this time last year. Didn't seem to help on many occassions :(. Not sure whether it was poor technique or we weren't strong enough and were too easily bumped off or pushed aside. Maybe a mixture of both. Hopefully the work in the gym will fix the latter.