Prelim Final 2......the other game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final 2......the other game

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Reckon the best and third-best teams got through to the GF. Not worth complaining about.

Everyone wants to change stuff when their team isn't winning.
Connolly’s never liked the pre finals bye. I saw him debating against at the live show outside the G while we waited for the teams to arrive from the parade in 2017.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Connolly’s never liked the pre finals bye. I saw him debating against at the live show outside the G while we waited for the teams to arrive from the parade in 2017.
That's OK, but it's rarely an issue for Essendon.

Still waiting for the first losing PF coach to say "the extra week off beat us".

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If they are going to keep the prefinals bye then they need to fill that week with other stuff.

Brownlow, AA, whatever else that needs to happen at the end of season can be moved in there.

But if the stats do show that higher placed teams are disadvantaged by the long breaks, it should be ditched.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I swim against the tide, but I’ve always liked the pre finals bye. I think it should have been brought in years earlier than it was.
It allowed Harris Andrews to play, several West Coast players to play, almost allowed Lynch to play, allowed Edwards and Nank to get extra work in.

If it is actually a factor against QF winners (too small a sample to say), the coaches will adjust.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Man, Brisbane were insipid.
Yep, that performances is going to leave some mental scars. The only upside for Brisbane being that it’s better they served up that crap in a prelim rather than a grand final.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep, that performances is going to leave some mental scars. The only upside for Brisbane being that it’s better they served up that crap in a prelim rather than a grand final.

With us waiting, I would have much preferred Lions saved that performance for the Grand Final

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
How do you reckon he conducted himself in the half time interview with Abbie Holmes?

I guess he was accurate in the end. In general though I think in game interviews are ridiculous in concept and if you are going to do them and send someone out whose questions could politely be described as vacuous, then you're not going to get much of quality.

Garbage in, garbage out as it were.

You’re too generous judging him on a press conference following a basically uncontroversial game
On other occasions - such as when his team has lost - he’s been bitter and snarling and ungracious

Not many coaches are much different after a big loss though. It's a bit overplayed on here when anyone says anything even slightly negative about Richmond, even poor old Richo cops it for not being biased enough.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I guess he was accurate in the end. In general though I think in game interviews are ridiculous in concept and if you are going to do them and send someone out whose questions could politely be described as vacuous, then you're not going to get much of quality.

Garbage in, garbage out as it were.

Not many coaches are much different after a big loss though. It's a bit overplayed on here when anyone says anything even slightly negative about Richmond, even poor old Richo cops it for not being biased enough.

The media/AFL hates Richmond conspiracty formula goes like this. If they don't mention us, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something negative, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something positive, it's because they are trying to put pressure on us to fail because they are biased and hate us.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The media/AFL hates Richmond conspiracty formula goes like this. If they don't mention us, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something negative, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something positive, it's because they are trying to put pressure on us to fail because they are biased and hate us.

And don't forget anything positive has to have the rider: 'I don't normally agree with X but.........'.

Passion is a powerful thing.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We are truly blessed to have the two of you on here to enlighten us

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users