Prelim Final 2......the other game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final 2......the other game

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
dunno about the quasi-love for Chris Scott going on - he was pretty uptight and spiky to the weirdly dressed Abbey Holmes last night ..

Reactions: 5 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Maybe it was the weather difference but that game seemed way less intense than last night.

The way to beat Geelong is be in their faces all the time and don’t let them play. Brisbane didn’t do that.

We bring the heat and we win imo
Succincted Sin. Refer all to the 2019 Prelim. Carbon copy coming up. They will eventually fold.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
dunno about the quasi-love for Chris Scott going on - he was pretty uptight and spiky to the weirdly dressed Abbey Holmes last night ..

Yeah, I'm not generally one to comment on someones attire, but WTF was that Abbie?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I know people don't like Chris Scott but he is excellent in a press conference.

Expansive, polite, thoughtful and tries to give genuine answers to every question.

You’re too generous judging him on a press conference following a basically uncontroversial game
On other occasions - such as when his team has lost - he’s been bitter and snarling and ungracious

Reactions: 7 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010

Expansive, polite, thoughtful and tries to give genuine answers to every question.
Only this year been like that. Previously was a rude ignorant flog with smoke screens everywhere

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

How do you reckon he conducted himself in the half time interview with Abbie Holmes?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This is the same bloke who went to pains last year to tell everyone Richmond were good, but not as good the Hawks or Cats dynasties.

Had he stopped there it would have been fine, but then he added Collingwood and Saints.

He's a knob. Utter knob. Only Cats fans (and even they are getting sick of his pressers) or the sycophantic media view Scott as anything but a knob.

Reactions: 12 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Reckon the best and third-best teams got through to the GF. Not worth complaining about.

Everyone wants to change stuff when their team isn't winning.
Connolly’s never liked the pre finals bye. I saw him debating against at the live show outside the G while we waited for the teams to arrive from the parade in 2017.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Connolly’s never liked the pre finals bye. I saw him debating against at the live show outside the G while we waited for the teams to arrive from the parade in 2017.
That's OK, but it's rarely an issue for Essendon.

Still waiting for the first losing PF coach to say "the extra week off beat us".

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If they are going to keep the prefinals bye then they need to fill that week with other stuff.

Brownlow, AA, whatever else that needs to happen at the end of season can be moved in there.

But if the stats do show that higher placed teams are disadvantaged by the long breaks, it should be ditched.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I swim against the tide, but I’ve always liked the pre finals bye. I think it should have been brought in years earlier than it was.
It allowed Harris Andrews to play, several West Coast players to play, almost allowed Lynch to play, allowed Edwards and Nank to get extra work in.

If it is actually a factor against QF winners (too small a sample to say), the coaches will adjust.