Prelim Final 2......the other game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final 2......the other game

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Man, Brisbane were insipid.
Yep, that performances is going to leave some mental scars. The only upside for Brisbane being that it’s better they served up that crap in a prelim rather than a grand final.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep, that performances is going to leave some mental scars. The only upside for Brisbane being that it’s better they served up that crap in a prelim rather than a grand final.

With us waiting, I would have much preferred Lions saved that performance for the Grand Final

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I guess he was accurate in the end. In general though I think in game interviews are ridiculous in concept and if you are going to do them and send someone out whose questions could politely be described as vacuous, then you're not going to get much of quality.

Garbage in, garbage out as it were.

Not many coaches are much different after a big loss though. It's a bit overplayed on here when anyone says anything even slightly negative about Richmond, even poor old Richo cops it for not being biased enough.

The media/AFL hates Richmond conspiracty formula goes like this. If they don't mention us, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something negative, it's because they are biased and hate us. If they say something positive, it's because they are trying to put pressure on us to fail because they are biased and hate us.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We are truly blessed to have the two of you on here to enlighten us

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Think of us as a couple of independents in parliament.

Not much in the way of popularity or support but occasionally useful in balancing the left and the right.

And apparently never wrong. That's why we're so blessed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think most people are, but there are differing conclusions.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I guess he was accurate in the end. In general though I think in game interviews are ridiculous in concept and if you are going to do them and send someone out whose questions could politely be described as vacuous, then you're not going to get much of quality.

Garbage in, garbage out as it were.
Got it. It was Abbies fault Scott behaved like a tool.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
She was dressed more normal than the past few weeks. She was in leopard print once, and about 2 weeks ago it looked like she'd just come from Sovereign Hill.
Hmmmm, Sovereign Hill, where "Gold-digging" occurs correct ?

Did she have one of those pan's and a shovel ?

She gets to use her garden trowel for Gold panning AND her makeup also, so that's cool I guess.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I think the Abbie comments based on her appearance need to finish up here for our own good.

If we are talking about her football knowledge then we can proceed.

Daisy Pearce knows football. A much better option to interview. She won’t need the human drama editor whispering ridiculously scripted questions in her ear.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think the Abbie comments based on her appearance need to finish up here for our own good.

If we are talking about her football knowledge then we can proceed.

Daisy Pearce knows football. A much better option to interview. She won’t need the human drama editor whispering ridiculously scripted questions in her ear.

Daisy Pearce is unbearable to listen to.
She is on par with Kellie Underwood.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I must be one of the very few that likes Daisy. She has better insight then most of the other ‘experts’

Reactions: 6 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
I must be one of the very few that likes Daisy. She has better insight then most of the other ‘experts’
No, I like her too. Love her commentary (or special comments) She is a breath of fresh air after listening to the over inflated egos of some ex-players.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Abbie Holmes is pretty good as a boundary rider IMO. Some of her questions to the coaches are a bit silly but so are any of the questions asked to players or coaches during a game.

Not PC to say but Daisy is over rated as a special comments person, not that there are many good ones.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
Reckon the best and third-best teams got through to the GF. Not worth complaining about.

Everyone wants to change stuff when their team isn't winning.
And if we're going to discuss it in the future then this year shouldn't be included.
Its entirely possible that shortened season and shortened games meant that losing in a QF and having to play an extra game was not the disadvantage it could have been in any other year.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’ve always liked Daisy and find her insights good. I don’t like her speaking voice, but that goes for plenty of others. Boofhead Brown for example, or Ricciutos squeak, Terry Wallace is also pretty awful to listen to.