Preliminary final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary final opponent

Preliminary final opponent

• Geelong

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • WC Eagles

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Last week, the more the week progressed the more i thought Geelong would win. I was wrong. But I have the same feeling this week. I expect Gelong to play better. but will it be enough to get over the line? I think it might be a close one.

I was thinking about that today. How would the AFL view this? The culmination of a long term plan, or a massive lost opportunity (for a pies v tigers block buster).

If this occurs, could that mean a higher GF ticket allocation for Richmond? GWS claim they have 30,000 members, but that is clearly fabricated.

Whacker

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2010
Reviewing our last 10 games, average points against = 63, average winning margin = 36 ponts, 30 if you leave out the GC result. I would say our defence will win us another flag this year.

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
how good is this? the first bounce between Geelong v West coast is still hours away and we already know that Duncan and W. Rioli won''t be playing next week. there are also injury clouds under some big name players for both teams. happy days.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
how good is this? the first bounce between Geelong v West coast is still hours away and we already know that Duncan and W. Rioli won''t be playing next week. there are also injury clouds under some big name players for both teams. happy days.

We're in a similar position to last year - clear run to the PF, then all of a sudden Dusty's under a cloud and players have the 'flu...

I'll be quite happy not to see any Richmond headlines!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Have to hope GWS get through to the GF - surely that means a better chance of a ticket ballot and tbh think I would prefer them over Collingwood.

I don’t want to give the lions a third time lucky hit although we have their measure and some.

Tonight I reckon it’s going to be a tough desperate game, can’t see the cats laying down two weeks in a row.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We're in a similar position to last year - clear run to the PF, then all of a sudden Dusty's under a cloud and players have the 'flu...

apparently Tim Kelly has a cold and hasn't trained all week.

Tonight I reckon it’s going to be a tough desperate game, can’t see the cats laying down two weeks in a row.

Part of me thinks Geelong has no chance. then i factor in that they finished on top for a reason... and that its been 36 years since the top team went out in straight sets. Its hard to see them lying down. I reckon its gonna be a close one and I'm putting money on either team to win by 15 or less.