PREmier Fighting Tiger & The Finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PREmier Fighting Tiger & The Finals

Should voting for the PREmier Fighting Tiger Award continue through the finals?

• Yes - as normal

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes - with some sort of finals performance weighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - bring on the awards!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
2013 has produced the question of whether we continue voting through the finals to determine our best player of the season.

I thought I'd seek the opinion of the forum.

Thoughts?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
whether we include finals or not i'd like to know the h&a results if possible so we can compare like with like over the years.

if that's not possible i'd favour a separate finals voting system so we can see who the top finals performers were. a mini 4 week tally.

i'm not a fan of finals loading. we want players to perform in finals but to me it's just as important to perform week in week out to get us to the finals.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I agree with Rosy PT. As normal however would also be awesome to do a separate voting system to see our best performers over the finals (hopefully there are 4 rounds to vote on!) 8-

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
rosy23 said:
whether we include finals or not i'd like to know the h&a results if possible so we can compare like with like over the years.

if that's not possible i'd favour a separate finals voting system so we can see who the top finals performers were. a mini 4 week tally.

i'm not a fan of finals loading. we want players to perform in finals but to me it's just as important to perform week in week out to get us to the finals.

This is pretty much my view as well. I like the ability to compare season to season. I think we will run the poll, but it will represent a separate award for the best performed Tiger in the finals?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
that's my preferred option panthera. i think it's best if we can compare apples with apples. i hope to make a devoted board for our voting threads over the years and move them all to the same place. it's a valuable record of part of our club history.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I agree with the separate poll for the finals games.

However I read somewhere that the Jack Dyer medal votes continue through the finals, so to be able to compare the JD rankings with the PRE rankings it is important that PRE continue to use the 3-2-1 system in the finals.