Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Leicester almost certain for 1 of the 2 automatic promotion places, if not as champions.

An Ipswich return to the top flight, consecutive promotions, would be a great story but I think they might fall short, leaving 'dirty' Leeds to take the other automatic promotion spot.

Playoffs - Southampton are wobbling at the wrong time of the season so hard to see them winning a semi final. Conversely Norwich seem to finding form at the right time so perhaps an East Anglia derby in the final ..Ipswich prevailing in extra time.

Reactions: 1 user

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Premier League ; great title race. Spurs hold the key, having to play each of the 3 contenders in the run to season's end. No easy task anytime but if Arsenal can avoid defeat in the NLD on Sunday, let alone win , then it might be advantage enough, despite Man City having games in hand..

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Leicester almost certain for 1 of the 2 automatic promotion places, if not as champions.

An Ipswich return to the top flight, consecutive promotions, would be a great story but I think they might fall short, leaving 'dirty' Leeds to take the other automatic promotion spot.

Playoffs - Southampton are wobbling at the wrong time of the season so hard to see them winning a semi final. Conversely Norwich seem to finding form at the right time so perhaps an East Anglia derby in the final ..Ipswich prevailing in extra time.
A few weeks ago I would have said Leeds challenging Leicester for champions, or 2nd automatic at the very least. At that point they looked strong and Ipswich wobbling.

The past month those tables have reversed. Ipswich looking more consistent and Leeds wobbling (albeit, not wobbling as much as Southampton). Very nervous if Leeds go to playoffs. Someone like Norwich could well get over the top of them.

I wonder what the record amount of points, but failing to get promoted is? Leeds would have to be close to that if they fail to go up (or likewise, Ipswich if they fail to get promoted).

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Seems Championship clubs prefer promotion 'the hard way'...Leeds shat the bed at QPR 0-4, leaving Ipswich a great opportunity at automatic promotion, 1 point behind & 2 games in hand.

QPR's win confirms their stay in the Championship next season & automatic promotion to the premier league for Leicester...

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Poshman, My Rams would appreciate a favor from your blokes in the last round of League 1 fixtures please.

Last edited:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Seems Championship clubs prefer promotion 'the hard way'...Leeds shat the bed at QPR 0-4, leaving Ipswich a great opportunity at automatic promotion, 1 point behind & 2 games in hand.

QPR's win confirms their stay in the Championship next season & automatic promotion to the premier league for Leicester...
Expect Leeds to *smile* the bed in playoffs and fail to secure promotion. I looked it up, would make them the club with the highest amount of points, to fail in gaining promotion.

A very real possibility with the likes of Norwich hitting some form and Southampton more than capable of regaining the form they held for much of the season, before their latest wobble.

• Haha

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
The performance of QPR to drag themselves out of the mire and stay up is impressive. Ten points from the first 17 games and well adrift in the relegation zone. New Spanish manger and this year they're effectively 6th.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Postman, My Rams would appreciate a favor from your blokes in the last round of League 1 fixtures please.

I don't think you'll need any favours, surely you don't lose at home against the bottom club Carlisle like we did! I think the place in the Championships is yours now, we are just jostling for form before the playoffs, pretty much the top 4 are done, and we hope Barnsley turn their form around as I want their shaky form in the playoffs not some of the teams flying home.

Hopefully we can join you in the Championship for a 2nd win at Wembley this season :)

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
NLDs always great entertainment. This no different. Arsenal tried hard to blow a 3 goal lead but managed to hang on for a 3-2 win over Spurs.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
NLDs always great entertainment. This no different. Arsenal tried hard to blow a 3 goal lead but managed to hang on for a 3-2 win over Spurs.

Yes, we have a major problem with set pieces and its something we will need to address in the offseason, but we were robbed, plain and simple.

The VDV goal should have stood. Yes he was offside, but it came of their Japanese defender. Some will say it deflected off him and he wasn't playing at the ball, but that brings the "clear and obvious error" element into it and you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team. There was a very similar incident when we played West Ham and they allowed that goal to stand. This should have stood too.

The Kulu incident was a stone cold penalty. Kulu lost his balance after the contact and he wasn't able to get the shot off. If he keeps his balance, he has the time and space to shoot. If that was Saka, he would have fallen and milked it, and the ref probably gives it. Its a sad state of affairs when a player gets penalised for keeping his feet. And of course, their second goal gets ruled out.

• Sad