Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Happy for FSG to prove me wrong, but can't see it.
They're Moneyball owners and run a real tight ship on their outlays, I can't see them blowing 30-40M pounds to remove Klopp and his coaches when they won't even spend that much on bringing in a midfielder.
And then, who do you bring in? Who out there 'available' is a good coach? They're all taken.
And then you end up in that United/Chelsea cycle of shipping managers in and out every year.
So it'd be the stupidest thing they've done in their time running the club, and trust me, they've done some stupid things.

Yeah, all fair.

I'm suggesting more of s scenario where he wants to leave to go to, say Real or Barca or PSG so they'll negotiate something mutually agreeable.

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Has had a dynamic start to his EPL career.

He'd be in every Fantasy Team nearly by now., maybe only Man Utd fans wont pick him :))

I remember reading somewhere some pundits reckoned he wouldn't have as big an impact in e EPL............................Alrighty Then!!
He's absolutely insane!! o_O
He is ticking off every great player game by game. And going right past them.
C Ronaldo - 16 goals his first 100 games, lol :LOL:

FB_IMG_1664878792724.jpg

FB_IMG_1664878953596.jpg

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yeah, all fair.

I'm suggesting more of s scenario where he wants to leave to go to, say Real or Barca or PSG so they'll negotiate something mutually agreeable.
Fair enough, I think he likes to challenge himself though and would rather do an Atletico or a Marseille. But I'd like to see him do one of them clubs you mentioned myself to see what he can do with the support they back you with.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Is it losing Mane and whats up with Mo Salah?
Not Mane, still scoring goals but mids and defence are not showing up.

Mane was there end of last season when we finished off the season with 6 of last 7 games conceding the first goal in a game. This year the same thing is continuing, concedi the first goal 7 times in 10 games.

Midfield is woefully slow and nearly all over 40+, bar Fabinho they're all sick notes and unreliable to be fit for a good run of games, and the defence is getting caught out from the mids high pressing having to chase back way to much.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
What we saw him doing at Dortmund, you just knew he was going to one day pay Roy Keane and United back for that tackle he did on his old man ;)
He was always going to City and Keane and United were going to cop it bad from him when he went to the EPL, you could see he was a goal machine and a half!!
And he's already done it in his first game against them, Legend!! :clap1
The Karma train struck, thank U Roy Keane!! :LOL:
I suggest Keane is sitting pretty comfortably with his record against City, and most other clubs. City may have the wood on a (very) poor United side at the moment, but they are a long way behind United overall. Champions League anyone...? :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The only question about Haaland was would he fit in with Pep's previous millions of attacking mids and no striker system.

Pretty clear both he and Pep have adapted just fine.

If Citeh don't win the Champions League now it will have to be considered an underachievement.

The Premier League is done.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
The only question about Haaland was would he fit in with Pep's previous millions of attacking mids and no striker system.

Pretty clear both he and Pep have adapted just fine.

If Citeh don't win the Champions League now it will have to be considered an underachievement.

The Premier League is done.
Haarland is a freak. Hopefully Arsenal keep ticking along, just to keep it interesting, but I can’t see them continuing like they are. City will be too good for too long. Liverpool already dropped too many points I think. Chelsea only a point above the basket case that is ManU, so hardly inspiring.

Maybe B&HA might do a Leicester…?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Brighton looking better now even though Potter left! they are a serious chance to qualify for Europe.

The Arse will drop off soon surely... Regardless the title is Citehs

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, City are great to watch at the moment.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Have Liverpool made a huge mistake in buying Nunez? I'm not sure he's suited to the premier league. It's not helping at the moment that all of Liverpool's forwards are struggling for goals and the back 4 are shipping goal after goal.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Another typical Liverpool loss overnight. Drifting closer and closer towards the relegation zone. Will be even closer come next weekend.
Klopp needs to GO.....

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Liverpool very flat. Been up for a long time with a hard pressing game. They look a bit lethargic. Defence is under pressure due to the midfield/forwards not creating turnovers like they were. Don't underestimate Mane leaving as well.

Arsenal were exceptional. I might need to rethink my previous statement about them not maintaining this form. They look very well rounded at the moment. Saka's form bodes well for England too.

ManU just battled through. Nothing convincing against an average Everton outfit. 700 club goals for CR7. 700...

700...!!! Statistically, he'll never be surpassed.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The Arse playing some good football. Won't win it unless Haaland does an ACL but putting up a good showing.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Liverpool very flat. Been up for a long time with a hard pressing game. They look a bit lethargic. Defence is under pressure due to the midfield/forwards not creating turnovers like they were. Don't underestimate Mane leaving as well.
Klopp can't turn *smile* into srawberry jam forever.
Liverpool's owners need to have a good hard look at themselves & dig a bit deeper into the wallet.
The team needs rejuvenation. As you say the game style is a taxing one & that squad has achieved a lot and is getting older. Injuries mounting & effort dipping.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Redders your Wolves got the 3 points over Forrest with a Penna to get 2 points out of the drop zone for now, might be a turnaround in the offing.

Seems to be some more established sides going poorly ie Liverpool, Wolves, Southampton, Everton, and of course the Foxes and some expected strugglers doing well ie the Jawdees in Newcastle, Fulham, Brentford, Brighton who seem to have cemented themselves in as a middle table team and Bournemouth.

Forrest the only side really travelling as expected as a struggler, and Man City is seemingly belting everyone up.