Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
They did finish second the year before, he contributed with 18 goals. Didn't feel the need for the CR to come in, because he was going to City, just a bad reactionary call from the ex-players and coach.
I think bringing him in was ok, as long as he understood he couldn't be the main man anymore. He's almost the perfect player to bring on late when something needs to happen, but I'm not sure he agrees with that scenario.

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I think bringing him in was ok, as long as he understood he couldn't be the main man anymore. He's almost the perfect player to bring on late when something needs to happen, but I'm not sure he agrees with that scenario.
But that part "as long as he understood he couldn't be the main man". He was never going to accept that.

I understand he's a competitive beast, all the greats are and back themselves to be the best player out there however old they are, but he was never going to accept being the Second Act. He has a massive ego (understandably). But it's not part of his nature.

But it's not my club, saw it coming and thought oh dear man, what have you'se done.

Man, Mane is not near his level but I saw him repeatedly sulk when substituted the last 2-3 years, I can't get how in team meetings or one on one's how coaches can't get it through players heads they have teammates sitting on the bench or repeatedly getting subbed, they don't sulk, and ask them are you part of the team or playing for yourself?

"Tim's very rounded," Leon Cameron said of Taranto. (A 2019 article)
"What I love is his flexibility. He plays on the wing, he plays inside and he plays forward. To learn that early in (his career) is really good.
"There's never any complaining. If I say, 'You're going to play more forward today', he'll go, 'Yep, not a problem'. I think that's why he's captured the whole group – his attitude is just spot on."

That's the attitude I love and can't wait to see this guy in the yellow and black!! :eyes
It really annoys me seeing players sulk when substituted out or sulking when sitting on the bench.
If I was the 12-20th best player in the squad I wouldn't be happy with them man :cautious:

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Gerrard sacked. Big fall from grace after a good effort at Rangers. Reckon the Wolves should look at him. Be awesome seeing him manage against cross town rivals Villa.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Had such high hopes. Bloody Villa. When are they ever going to be fun to follow outside the Championship league. Remind me of the tiges when we were *smile*.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Gerrard sacked. Big fall from grace after a good effort at Rangers. Reckon the Wolves should look at him. Be awesome seeing him manage against cross town rivals Villa.
Gerard can hold his head high….. he lasted longer than Liz Truss.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Villa have put 3 into the onion bag in the first 14 minutes against Brentford, giving Gerrard the flick looks like being the right call.

DarOv

Tiger Cub
Oct 25, 2022
But that part "as long as he understood he couldn't be the main man". He was never going to accept that.

I understand he's a competitive beast, all the greats are and back themselves to be the best player out there however old they are, but he was never going to accept being the Second Act. He has a massive ego (understandably). But it's not part of his nature.

But it's not my club, saw it coming and thought oh dear man, what have you'se done.

Man, Mane is not near his level but I saw him repeatedly sulk when substituted the last 2-3 years, I can't get how in team meetings or one on one's how coaches can't get it through players heads they have teammates sitting on the bench or repeatedly getting subbed, they don't sulk, and ask them are you part of the team or playing for yourself?

"Tim's very rounded," Leon Cameron said of Taranto. (A 2019 article)
"What I love is his flexibility. He plays on the wing, he plays inside and he plays forward. To learn that early in (his career) is really good.
"There's never any complaining. If I say, 'You're going to play more forward today', he'll go, 'Yep, not a problem'. I think that's why he's captured the whole group – his attitude is just spot on."

That's the attitude I love and can't wait to see this guy in the yellow and black!! :eyes
It really annoys me seeing players sulk when substituted out or sulking when sitting on the bench.
If I was the 12-20th best player in the squad I wouldn't be happy with them man :cautious:
The coach can replace any player if he thinks it is necessary for the current game. The player may or may not be offended - his choice. He may also leave to join another team or go on a free float. I've even heard stories of one player being blackmailed into leaving for another team if he wasn't allowed on the field in the starting lineup. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Young players are talented guys who are like children. They are characterized by childlike emotions :)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Leeds win 2-1 against Liverpool at Anfield, to say Leeds needed that win would be an understatement.

• Love

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Leeds win 2-1 against Liverpool at Anfield, to say Leeds needed that win would be an understatement.
The Scouser BIL's been quite grumpy in the last few weeks....

How's Chelsea also falling apart and Newcastle 8 in a row sitting 3rd. Spurs lucky winning from 0-2 against Bournemouth.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Scouser BIL's been quite grumpy in the last few weeks....

How's Chelsea also falling apart and Newcastle 8 in a row sitting 3rd. Spurs lucky winning from 0-2 against Bournemouth.
Brighton fans would've enjoyed giving it to Potter after he walked out on them to manage Chelsea a month or so ago.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Check out Leeds 4th goal, it doesn't get much better than that.
1-3 down, and booed off the pitch at half time, and win 4-3, they sure gave their fans emotions a ride.

< NRL | Golf >