Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Your Wolves Redders?
Yes, “my” Wolves. What a hapless disgrace they are.

They’ve sacked the manager (as they should have), spent oodles, didn’t get a new manager for months later, and keep getting beaten by minnow bottom of the ladder teams.

If it wasn’t bad enough that they haven’t been able to score a goal for the last 2 years, their defence has now crumbled as well. Each week there is one pathetic defensive effort that costs a goal after another.

This group is a totally pissweak, basket case right now.

2 wins from 14 games from this group is utterly disgraceful.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Check out Leeds 4th goal, it doesn't get much better than that.
1-3 down, and booed off the pitch at half time, and win 4-3, they sure gave their fans emotions a ride.

Remind me of following Richmond prior to 2017.

Some parallels there. Albeit their fall from grace was a bit later than the Tiges after being kings of the 60s/70s.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Not exactly EPL as such. But the FA Cup 3rd round threw up some romantic tales.

Non League Wrexham (5th tier) beating Championship side (2nd tier), Coventry City at Coventry in a 7 goal epic. Very decent sized travelling support for Wrexham certainly weren’t hard to hear going nuts!

And League 1 side (3rd tier) Sheffield Wednesday, looking impressive in their 2-1 win against Newcastle at Hillsborough.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not exactly EPL as such. But the FA Cup 3rd round threw up some romantic tales.

Non League Wrexham (5th tier) beating Championship side (2nd tier), Coventry City at Coventry in a 7 goal epic. Very decent sized travelling support for Wrexham certainly weren’t hard to hear going nuts!

And League 1 side (3rd tier) Sheffield Wednesday, looking impressive in their 2-1 win against Newcastle at Hillsborough.
Scouser BIL got uptight about the Liverpool v Wolves draw....funny red going red. :mhihi

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Funny piece of trivia I heard. As some of you will already know. Aberdeen FC in the Scottish Premier League play at a ground called, Pittodrie - or Pittodrie Stadium.

Literal translation of pittodrie is, "hill of dung" in Scots Gaelic. Basically, they play at a *smile* heap.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Funny piece of trivia I heard. As some of you will already know. Aberdeen FC in the Scottish Premier League play at a ground called, Pittodrie - or Pittodrie Stadium.

Literal translation of pittodrie is, "hill of dung" in Scots Gaelic. Basically, they play at a *smile* heap.
It IS a *smile* heap.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good to see Liverpool and Spurs reverting to mediocrity once again - and Manchester is red!

Reactions: 1 users

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
I've no 'dog in the fight' but great to see Arsenal v Man Utd matches, with Saka & Rashford leading the way, regain their preeminent status of the Ferguson/Wenger years.

I'm no MU lover but ETH doing a fine job so far with their rebuild. Team showing spirit & almost likeable, Fernandes excepted.

Arsenal's improvement even more pronounced, deserved pacesetters. Hope they can maintain their form through the 2nd half of the season & carry off the title. The lack of European football this year, should help their cause & keep them relatively fresh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Everton , sadly, lurching from crisis to crisis, sacked Lampard overnight. Still 1/2 season left but only 1 week left in this transfer window so unlikely to get new blood to reinvigorate the playing group.

Table doesn't lie. Hard to see 3 worse clubs than Everton currently so this may be the season they lose their top flight status after such a long tenure. Not good anytime but $$ needed for the new stadium to be built could mean a return to the Premier League could take awhile.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I see the Chelsea fans were warned on the weekend by ground announcers for homophobic chants.

Commentators on tv said it had been an ongoing problem with Chelsea and the team was close to fines/points whatever ?

Great. Just what you want from your fans. :rolleyes:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I see the Chelsea fans were warned on the weekend by ground announcers for homophobic chants.

Commentators on tv said it had been an ongoing problem with Chelsea and the team was close to fines/points whatever ?

Great. Just what you want from your fans. :rolleyes:
Its normally Chelsea copping it with the "Rent Boys" chant

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Arsenal and City drop points as well. United fans getting excited. Losing Casemiro for 3 games hurts.

For all his goals, is Haaland helping City? They've scored roughly the same goals as last year but are conceding more. They seem to have lost their attacking/defensive balance. (Not that I'm complaining!)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Spurs big win. Still in for top four. City aren’t the same City.