Preseason 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preseason 2023

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need the club to come out and tell the 98745 members what preseason program they had over the summer and who's program was it.
Looking back at it, a kid that we recruited won the time trials while the others crawled past the finishing line.
For us to get back up to the top not only do we need quality kids we need better fitness and high performance people at the club.
Clubs that are preforming well either spent the summer improving there running calibre or they increased it to a level that now shows to out run the opposition.
The best running sides Collingwood by a mile. Mitchell Dacios x2 Sidebottom quaynooor.
Adelaide unbelievable fitness through out the team. Sloane and walker look 25.
Port Adelaide the same.
How many last qtrs have we just run out of puff and capitulated and lost?
Sydney? Collingwood? Melbourne? Port? Footscary?
We all should be asking the question, what happened over the summer that left us looking so unfit.
Graham was one our best runners, he has been terrible this year..Baker up and down this year.
Prestia looks like he missed the preseason.
Looking slow is also affect of being unfit. They might be fit but not to today's standards.
Do we have spies Looking at what Collingwood did over the summer?
besides kicking, stamina musty be a prerequisite nowadays.
If you have players unable to run, you won't win games of footy nowadays.
It's not 1984, kick and rest
It's kick and chase now

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Agree with that. Our best pre-season player was Taranto, so no surprise about the season he’s having.

Observationally, the team looked underdone as a whole from the practice game against Melbourne onward. This reinforced Caesar’s pre-season reports reflecting a lack of gut busting work & injured players.

New S&C team needed and manic 2023/24 pre-season ahead.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Agree with that. Our best pre-season player was Taranto, so no surprise about the season he’s having.

Observationally, the team looked underdone as a whole from the practice game against Melbourne onward. This reinforced Caesar’s pre-season reports reflecting a lack of gut busting work & injured players.

New S&C team needed and manic 2023/24 pre-season ahead.
Always remember back to the summer of 2016-17
We apprantly had a hard running base preseason and the results were we unbelievable, we were fast and super fit.
The question is if that program worked so well, why would they change it or decrease the running in the program.
I would have them running the Tan for 12 weeks.
Zip rule *You miss more than 20% of the preseason you won't be selected in round 1

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
This club had a chance for sustained success, even more than we’ve had. Got lazy and thought it’d all just keep happening, standards have dropped and we’ve fumbled the bag.

Reactions: 1 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Maybe the next coach won't cost as much as Dimma and we will have a lot more money in the soft cap.
Next draft/trade period, new coach and off season will be crucial going forward.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This club had a chance for sustained success, even more than we’ve had. Got lazy and thought it’d all just keep happening, standards have dropped and we’ve fumbled the bag.
Spot on, standards have dropped in alot of areas..
We won't play finals, therefore I would expect the entire group ready to go late October.
10-12 weeks of Portsea back beach training.
That will have them like Gazelles by the time round 1 comes around.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Spot on, standards have dropped in alot of areas..
We won't play finals, therefore I would expect the entire group ready to go late October.
10-12 weeks of Portsea back beach training.
That will have them like Gazelles by the time round 1 comes around.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Adelaide unbelievable fitness through out the team. Sloane and walker look 25.
Were they super fit when we kicked 5 goals to 2 in the last quarter in Adelaide for a comfortable win? (Coincidentally im sure, Lynch and Nank both played.)
we kicked 10 goals against the Dogs in the 1st half. Lynch kicked 2 in the 1st quarter from 4 disposals. In the 2nd quarter he injured his foot and didnt touch the ball again. Nank was well on top on English in the first half. He got injured late in the 2nd quarter and English won them the game in the 2nd half.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We lost it along the way unfortunately.

Too many players given away cheap. Too high a price for those we brought in .

Late starts and lazy preseasons

Lip service to our fitness and rehab staff so we could pay coaches more.

Top level assistants replaced with the likes of Morris, Clarke, Lambert and Lonergan. Apart of Lambert who is new none of the others look up to it.

No accountability in our recruiting under Clarke with dud after dud flanker picked.

Hartley and Livingston promoted above Balme. Too matey now and not enough challenge on key decisions.

Dimma breaking culture

Standards slipped big time and Hartley and Livingston now need to prove they are up to the job and can make the tough calls that obviously need to be made. I’ve got no confidence they can.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Were they super fit when we kicked 5 goals to 2 in the last quarter in Adelaide for a comfortable win? (Coincidentally im sure, Lynch and Nank both played.)
we kicked 10 goals against the Dogs in the 1st half. Lynch kicked 2 in the 1st quarter from 4 disposals. In the 2nd quarter he injured his foot and didnt touch the ball again. Nank was well on top on English in the first half. He got injured late in the 2nd quarter and English won them the game in the 2nd half.
We are one of the worst performing last qtr teams in the comp. Fitness is a massive issue

We are the worst performing 1st qtr team in the comp. That says prep and attitude are not up to standard

Last edited:

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
They just came off a 5/6 day break from a 32 degree game.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We are one of the worst performing last qtr teams in the comp. Fitness is a massive issue

We are the worst performing 1st qtr team in the comp. That says prep and attitude are not up to standard
1st game the Blues outscored us by 1goal in the last quarter- but that was more about our ball use- we dominated I50s.
2nd game we outscored the Crows 5goals -2goals in the last.
3rd game we outscored the Pies 3.2 to 1.0. in the last.

at half time of the Dogs game we had Graham off and Lynch and Nank hobbled. they ran over us.
the next 2 games, against the Swans and the Dees we were in the game at 3/4 time, but our makeshift rucks were bullied in the last quarter.
Soldo played against the Suns, and while we generally rubbish our poor kicking cost us, we won the last quarter.
next were the Weagles who are just hopeless.
Then the Cats, we won the last quarter- them our ruck pairing of Ryan and Milller played their best game, undoubtedly aided by the weak opposition (in ruck terms).
Then the Dons was a classic "choke" in the last 10 minutes. we were well on top until time on, when we showed no composure.
And Port we both kicked 3 goals.

the clear pattern is lightweight rucks getting bullied = opponents getting on top. strong rucks (Nank or Soldo)= equals us competing late.

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
1st game the Blues outscored us by 1goal in the last quarter- but that was more about our ball use- we dominated I50s.
2nd game we outscored the Crows 5goals -2goals in the last.
3rd game we outscored the Pies 3.2 to 1.0. in the last.

at half time of the Dogs game we had Graham off and Lynch and Nank hobbled. they ran over us.
the next 2 games, against the Swans and the Dees we were in the game at 3/4 time, but our makeshift rucks were bullied in the last quarter.
Soldo played against the Suns, and while we generally rubbish our poor kicking cost us, we won the last quarter.
next were the Weagles who are just hopeless.
Then the Cats, we won the last quarter- them our ruck pairing of Ryan and Milller played their best game, undoubtedly aided by the weak opposition (in ruck terms).
Then the Dons was a classic "choke" in the last 10 minutes. we were well on top until time on, when we showed no composure.
And Port we both kicked 3 goals.

the clear pattern is lightweight rucks getting bullied = opponents getting on top. strong rucks (Nank or Soldo)= equals us competing late.

Hey, hey, hey Brodders.

PRE is no place for the truth. Can you keep that drivel for some other forum please.

PRE is a place for hyperbole not the truth.

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Hey, hey, hey Brodders.

PRE is no place for the truth. Can you keep that drivel for some other forum please.

PRE is a place for hyperbole not the truth.
I've said it before and ill keep repeating it (mainly cos it get my post numbers up), but there is such a clear correlation between us missing the best KPF in the league, plus our 2 rucks (and another 4? key position players) for a stretch of games and our struggles.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've said it before and ill keep repeating it (mainly cos it get my post numbers up), but there is such a clear correlation between us missing the best KPF in the league, plus our 2 rucks (and another 4? key position players) for a stretch of games and our struggles.

I totally agree. The comp is so even this season that you lose your best player and it suddenly swings the pendulum significantly.

You can see that with Melbourne too - lose Oliver they struggled. When they lost Gawn they struggled.

The loss of Lynch is the biggest impact on our season out of all of the them. Sure people can argue about contingency plans if he went down, but the fact of the matter was, it doesn't matter who we had as backup, they wouldn't have provided anything like what Lynchy could. It would be like Geelong losing Jeremy Cameron.

• Love

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sorry champ
English was AA after that game. He hasn't played like that ever since.
I think he kicked 2 goals
1 was early punt road end and then a dribble goal city end 3rd or 4th qtr.
We couldn't go close to scoring after time.
Bolton kicked 1 with 40 seconds to go and they still won possession at the centre bounce.
Essendon kicked 4 goals on row to beat us.
We are not fit like other top sides.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Sorry champ
English was AA after that game. He hasn't played like that ever since.
I think he kicked 2 goals
1 was early punt road end and then a dribble goal city end 3rd or 4th qtr.
We couldn't go close to scoring after time.
Bolton kicked 1 with 40 seconds to go and they still won possession at the centre bounce.
Essendon kicked 4 goals on row to beat us.
We are not fit like other top sides.
Champ. :mhihi :mhihi
I should know better but anyway. English actually kicked both his goals in the 1st half.
The clearances, and centre clearances, were about= at half time. Then Nank got injured and the Dogs dominated clearances after that.

Essendon never kicked 4 in a row against us.