President John O’Rourke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

President John O’Rourke

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
There is always a price to be paid for speaking out against AFL HQ. Be to critical too too often and we could find ourselves with six home games at Marvel Stadium before too long.

Pick your battles.
There’s no battle we can pick. They have an issue with us, and they’ll bend us over any chance they get. Even when we were winning flags they *smile* all over us.

Reactions: 6 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
It's two times in 3 years they've dumped on our 'traditional opener'. I'd hope John is pressing our case against it at the very least.
The 'round zero' euphemism for Round 1 is no longer an acceptable situation for Richmond members to go on Thursday nights each year when we no longer open the season. Either ditch the Carlton game or go back to how it was but this is weak & having a bob each way.
No way on earth the club would ditch the fixture that guarantees near enough to 90,000 I don’t think the round zero will dampen it at all

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I would love to know more insights on how he operates. Hopefully he is one to get it all done behind closed doors and asking the right questions and making the AFL somewhat accountable (probably wishful thinking).

But the AFL would point to the below.

Since the flags our supporter base in general has dropped right off with passion and overall numbers. Carlton seem to have overtaken us.

When we play Geelong I hope we are travelling well and flog them in front of their sulking supporters. But we probably get what we deserve with this.

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
I would love to know more insights on how he operates. Hopefully he is one to get it all done behind closed doors and asking the right questions and making the AFL somewhat accountable (probably wishful thinking).
Since the flags our supporter base in general has dropped right off with passion and overall numbers. Carlton seem to have overtaken us.

When we play Geelong I hope we are travelling well and flog them in front of their sulking supporters. But we probably get what we deserve with this.
And RFC in response to that AFL nonsense can point to the reason why...the free kick differential stacked agin us for over 8 years!

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
We won’t, I actually think early on is a good time to play then as like gws it will take some time for dimma to transition a game plan that is a quantum change to how they played
Only problem is we are in exactly the same boat when it comes to changed game plans.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
That's not what I said. What if we do? Of course it will impact the crowd.
Part of the attraction of opening the season is there is no exposed form for the teams involved.
That's largely why it draws big crowds. Hope sells.
I appreciate that , I still feel it will be a bumper crowd with footy starved Vic fans first round at the G

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

I would have almost bet on us having to go to kitty litter park , miss finals and you’re soon off broadway , look at haw , i do feel tho that they’ve jumped off prematurely , I expect us to be very competitive

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good to get an update from our President yesterday.
On field, Progress on the redevelopment, Aligned Leisure etc.
No mention of our ongoing poker machine revenue though.:rolleyes:
The dark underbelly of our FC.