Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I’m no medical man , thinking 6w would be a good result . There will be a bye on return from 32d hub that’ll help

Reactions: 1 user

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Be nice to have him back sooner rather than later. Gives us some real drive out of the centre.
Need to understand that when these guys come back they may not be able to get up to 100%. May only get to 60-70% of their pre injury form for the rest of the year

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Surely our bye comes after the Essendon game – if so, that gives us one month to try and get him ready? For games against West Coast, Geelong, Adelaide and Fremantle.

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I doubt he will be back much before finals if at all
Yep the injury gods and other factors against us this year. Won't see Edwards, a fit Prestia again this season. Nanks will be underdone also same with Astbury. If we snag a flag this year it will be bigger than Ben Hur. Possible but highly improbable!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yep the injury gods and other factors against us this year. Won't see Edwards, a fit Prestia again this season. Nanks will be underdone also same with Astbury. If we snag a flag this year it will be bigger than Ben Hur. Possible but highly improbable!

Depends with Edwards. I assume his wife hasn't given birth yet, but she must be close. Get some of those home remedies down her to induce her early ;)

With 8 days now till Gold Coast then 5 days to Essendon and then the bye, if she gives birth soon, then he potentially could be back for the final 4. All depends on what they are planning to do after the birth, will he and his wife join the hub with the baby, or is she not joining the hub. If she's not joining, then Shane may not come upto the hub straight away and then his season will be done.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
any word on where dion is at?

The really good players get up to speed pretty quickly (2 weeks?)

listed as 'medium term'

what? 4 weeks?

Sept 10 return?

that'd give him 2 game before finals.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Depends with Edwards. I assume his wife hasn't given birth yet, but she must be close...................

it seems like only yesterday that each ANZAC Day we lauded footballers like they were "warriors" that served on the "battlefield" of the MCG...

yet ...... Shane stays at home to support his wife while countless hundreds actual servicemen are absent from their families (even today!) while they serve and earn a comparable pittance!,

Its nothing against Shane.

But how does the RFC legitimise this????

Surely he is entitled to some paternity leave .- otherwise stand your post!!!

What an entitled bunch of prats our society has become?

Nathan Jessup is the last of the real men!

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
[1] it seems like only yesterday that each ANZAC Day we lauded footballers like they were "warriors" that served on the "battlefield" of the MCG...

yet ...... Shane stays at home to support his wife while countless hundreds actual servicemen are absent from their families (even today!) while they serve and earn a comparable pittance!,

Its nothing against Shane.

But how does the RFC legitimise this????

Surely he is entitled to some paternity leave .- otherwise stand your post!!!

Thank you. I want to go over this post, Sir. I think you raise really interesting points and I want to clarify my take on your argument and I invite you to elaborate on your thoughts.

Only a few years ago, say fifteen(?), AFL players were compared by commentators, fans, coaches, players, club representatives et al to service people who participated in and often lost their lives in wars. I agree with your first point, Sir. I think we can prove it if we have to. Furthermore, I remember much more recent examples of football being equated to war and players being regarded as soldiers or similar.

Shane Edwards, millionaire AFL footballer, takes sixteen(?) weeks maternity leave during a COVID pandemic. That's interesting. It's rich.

This COVID thing. The isolation was inevitable and it will expand across the country and we're all going *smile* crazy with boredom or loneliness.

In this time we need heroes to make sacrifices for the wellbeing of the populace. Facing the prospect of death (though COVID). For the the good of others. Much as those service people on foreign shores do. And have done through history.

It's the medics who lead the way here. They face the prospect of death to serve the people. And they experience other hardships. The checkout checks of all genders are doing it. (Feel free to list!)

So why isn't Shane Edwards in the hub? Couldn't he join the aggregate of AFL footballers who've sacrificed limited personal freedom, including some freedom of their families to contribute to the wellbeing of the nation by playing football? It's not like he has to go to Gallipoli.

It's reasonable to ask this question.

Maybe it's because Shane Edwards hasn't signed up to be in the enlisted forces. He works for the AFL. It's the kind of hell where you keep your money but lose your health, perhaps your sanity and your soul is involved in the money transaction. In his way maybe Shane Edwards is making a stand. He hasn't signed up for death. Or for the possible COVID consequences on his newborn.

And now we get to a hierarchy of oppression. Who suffers more? Who is more entitled? Who is the greater victim? An AFL footballer on sixteen weeks paternity leave or a serviceperson in Afghanistan?

Or a medic in COVID? A checkout chick of non specified gender?

It's fair to ask why Shane Edwards is not in the hub.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
I wish Peter Burge would do press conferences as regularly as Dan Andrews.

Updates on Mrs Shedda cervix dilation, scans of Dion's ankle daily, re-runs of Nank burning BT, half hourly Cotchy uodates, both hamstrings, DTLD on the Zero G...... Anything!!!

It's the content we're craving

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I wish Peter Burge would do press conferences as regularly as Dan Andrews.

Updates on Mrs Shedda cervix dilation, scans of Dion's ankle daily, re-runs of Nank burning BT, half hourly Cotchy uodates, both hamstrings, DTLD on the Zero G...... Anything!!!

It's the content we're craving
Spot on mcr.
Not many updates.
I think the continuous matches has thrown everyone out.
I know they are more pressing issues in life at the moment (Captain obvious!) but would be nice to get updated injury details.
Also AFL.com.au Injury tab still has us playing Brisbane.
How hard is it to update these sites?
Creating SuperCoach havoc!

Reactions: 1 user