Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
In 73 and 74 he was the best player in the comp by a country mile. Won all the media awards and they gave his brownlows to Keith Greig.

The Truth started up a rival brownlow where votes are tallied for 16 rounds and then go into escrow for the last 6 weeks. They would have a function brownlow like at the end of the year to reveal the winner. In one year (74 I think) KB could not be beaten by rd 16. Absolute champ. Finals gun. Dusty is a freak but I'd like to see him equal KB's 21 goals in three finals at the age of 32 in 1980!

Yes, good posting, Chops. KB was an amazing player but this reminds me of some posts on Shai Bolton that I didn't get to contribute to. I think it was speculating on who Shai was like or resembled as a player with a big future.
So gives me a chance to say - Shai has the number, and he has the super-extended stride, great evasiveness and pace that remind me of KB. Obviously his whole career ahead of him and I'm not saying he will be as good. But the closest player I've seen yet in style to KB.

(Clearly the club noticed this when handing out numbers too. Even same height but Kevin much lighter). Shai a longer and better kick most likely though.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Did a massive job last year - was one of the few constants, every week he turned up..

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We will only play three games in those four rounds. There will be a Round 18.

Ok we need to get Prestia back for the stress free round 18 practice game ;) against Adelaide, that will be about bang on 4 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
In 73 and 74 he was the best player in the comp by a country mile. Won all the media awards and they gave his brownlows to Keith Greig.

The Truth started up a rival brownlow where votes are tallied for 16 rounds and then go into escrow for the last 6 weeks. They would have a function brownlow like at the end of the year to reveal the winner. In one year (74 I think) KB could not be beaten by rd 16. Absolute champ. Finals gun. Dusty is a freak but I'd like to see him equal KB's 21 goals in three finals at the age of 32 in 1980!
Don’t forget ‘77. The year Teasdale won it. Bartlett just about had his name on that one, too. If anyone could equal KB’s record at that age, it’d be Dusty.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Apparently was supposed to start running this week, still a week or two behind Nank's.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
A hell of a lot needs to go right for us to win it this year.

Agree but I reckon that’s the same every year for any team to win the flag. That said - We have more hurdles this year than before. The shortened season will most likely be the deciding factor not allowing us to get our full side back on the park and in form in time.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Apart from Dusty I am not sure we could have picked 5 more valuable players to be missing than Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Houli and Nankervis.
All for different reasons.
We really miss Dion’s ball winning ability around the ground.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Good player. But too injury prone for my likening

Historically yes has had a few injuries but at the Tigers he played 22 games in 2017, 25 in 2019. Was good to go at the right times, that's all that matters in the end.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
More chance seeing Coughlan this year then Prestia.
He always struggles coming back from injury.
If he isn't ready by round 17 or 18.
Hold him off till next year.
Rather have 100% in 2021 then have miss more games due to his ankle injury.
Ankles take ages to fully recover.
Just ask Butler & Foley.