Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If it's an ankle it may not be a big drama. There's a number of minor ailments that could easily be linked with his syndesmosis sprain last year that won't cause too many headaches.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The bloke is an absolute gun. Our most underrated player in the league. Lambert and Edwards (who I have always loved), are behind him in the peaking order. But I rarely see him in the media ranked in their company or above.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Reverse Centaur

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Any further news on his hammy injury?
x fingers, but at least he will have the bulk of preseason conditioning done.....

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope we have got a good replacement for strength and conditioning guru Rob Innes who's gone to the Swans. Prestia and Nank came back and didn't miss a beat last season.
Over the last few years players who have been out for an extended period have come back in ripping nick thanks to Rob.

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
Scans have revealed a medial strain rather than a tear.
Should be a short to medium term injury

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Scans have revealed a medial strain rather than a tear.
Should be a short to medium term injury
I am still none the wiser:

Short term usual means 2 to 3 medium 4 to 6 weeks, not sure how it equates in hamstring speak?

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I am still none the wiser:

Short term usual means 2 to 3 medium 4 to 6 weeks, not sure how it equates in hamstring speak?

It's pretty good news.

You'd always take a strain over a tear and a medial hamstring is the 'better' hamstring injury to have. It's more related to the knee and hip motion as opposed to a failure of the muscle.

Sounds like a pretty standard 21-28 days, all going well.

Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
It's pretty good news.

You'd always take a strain over a tear and a medial hamstring is the 'better' hamstring injury to have. It's more related to the knee and hip motion as opposed to a failure of the muscle.

Sounds like a pretty standard 21-28 days, all going well.

Here is a quote from Dimma on Dion's hammy so as you say not so bad:

"Dion's had a bit of a stagnated period. He's probable at this stage for round one. He probably won't play any of our practice matches at this stage just to make sure he does get right," Hardwick said.

"He's got some tightness in the medial hamstring, which is not severe. We're not overly worried about it, we just have to manage that along the way."

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Here is a quote from Dimma on Dion's hammy so as you say not so bad:

If that's accurate it's even better, doesn't even sound like a strain. A bit of tightness in the medial from someone with knee and ankle issues is par for the course, a few light days and a bit of strength work and away he goes.

Not to say he will play round one, but in a long term sense you'd be more worried about an ingrown toenail.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
If that's accurate it's even better, doesn't even sound like a strain. A bit of tightness in the medial from someone with knee and ankle issues is par for the course, a few light days and a bit of strength work and away he goes.

Not to say he will play round one, but in a long term sense you'd be more worried about an ingrown toenail.

And from Prestia today :) :

Of the hamstring strain he incurred late last week, Prestia said: "It is just a little hamstring – it is in a good spot if you are going to do a hamstring.

"I'll be good for round one, it is just a little hiccup. The pre-season was really good until that, but this happens."

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
How good is this bloke. First hit out for the year... lazy 25 touches - 12 contested, 9 clearances, 24 pressure acts and 4 tackles.

Can't believe I couldn't sneak him or Lambert into the votes. Dion was great in the clinches.