Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Still don't get the hysteria.
It's here. We are living with it.

Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Still don't get the hysteria.
It's here. We are living with it.

Not really hysteria but is of interest as an indication it may become a common occurrence next season so in an AFL context every positive case will be news.

So how will the AFL deal with it, can't see them deferring a game like they did with the VIC v NSW Shield match recently when only one player tested positive but if the player tests positive on the morning of the game what then?, no time for the rest of the squad to get tested.
I hope the AFL doesn't bring in training restrictions again, that would suck!

PS. There will be hysteria on here when Dusty & Shai test positive on the same day before GF Day

The AFL is developing a policy to minimise the disruptions caused by COVID-19 cases and to protect against teams being shut down or losing multiple players during the season, with modification of training processes being considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
A fit healthy double vaxxed athlete. It will be an amazing case study to see how what impact this has on Meatball on Balta.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
A fit healthy double vaxxed athlete. It will be an amazing case study to see how what impact this has on Meatball on Balta.
My extremely unfit brother-in-law is fully vaccinated and tested positive. Felt like he had a cold for a couple of days and is fine now. As intended, vaccination significantly lessens the effect of the virus on the person who contracts it.

Reactions: 5 users

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Not really hysteria but is of interest as an indication it may become a common occurrence next season so in an AFL context every positive case will be news.

So how will the AFL deal with it, can't see them deferring a game like they did with the VIC v NSW Shield match recently when only one player tested positive but if the player tests positive on the morning of the game what then?, no time for the rest of the squad to get tested.
I hope the AFL doesn't bring in training restrictions again, that would suck!

PS. There will be hysteria on here when Dusty & Shai test positive on the same day before GF Day

The AFL is developing a policy to minimise the disruptions caused by COVID-19 cases and to protect against teams being shut down or losing multiple players during the season, with modification of training processes being considered.
I'm not bagging PRE hysteria, more the media etc.
Next season will be a mess. Players in bubbles again?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm not bagging PRE hysteria, more the media etc.
Next season will be a mess. Players in bubbles again?
Every chance it gets very ugly again next year. Trying to run a national competition through half a dozen separate fiefdoms is simply a pathetic running joke.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Still don’t know much about long COVID folks. Based on overseas experiences it can be pretty random. Organ damage, etc. Sure the players are fine just pointing out that the virus is something to be avoided, not lived with.

Reactions: 6 users

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Still don’t know much about long COVID folks. Based on overseas experiences it can be pretty random. Organ damage, etc. Sure the players are fine just pointing out that the virus is something to be avoided, not lived with.
a bit of interesting info here about long COVID and the chances of experiencing the symptoms if you're vaccinated or not.

Reactions: 2 users

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
My extremely unfit brother-in-law is fully vaccinated and tested positive. Felt like he had a cold for a couple of days and is fine now. As intended, vaccination significantly lessens the effect of the virus on the person who contracts it.
My extremely fit friends in Italy got it last year (pre-vaccines) and are still suffering a year later. My double-vaccinated friends in Melbourne got it (from their unvaccinated kid) - they had 7-10 days of feeling awful but getting back to full health now. The guy up the road got it and died a few weeks later. He was unvaccinated.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users