Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'm still nervous. Guys with breaks in the wrist often finish the game with a bit of pain relief and you find the break on a scan the next day and they miss 6 weeks. Lot of little bones that don't impact function immediately.
Do you think they would have risked him in a practice game if that was potentially the case?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Thing is they wouldn't have any way to know on the spot, and there's no real danger of playing on in terms of further damage.

They would have gone in with a set idea of minutes they wanted into him for his preparation so if he can continue they want to get him there.

The alternative is you leave him off, he doesn't get the minutes and then you have the dilemma of whether or not he is right for round one, and also potentially expose him to a higher risk of soft tissue issues. If it turns out his wrist was just a knock then that is a very bad result.
Fingers crossed it was just a knock. But I did notice he was not clean with ball in hand after that.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
gets injured too often. Wouldnt surprise me he gets a week for the bump.
Can't see how he plays a full season.
Shouldve chased another midfielder

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Dion doesn't need to play all the time, just the big games.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not writing the season off but alarm bells must be ringing after that performance or lack of.

The chronic nature of our injuries is becoming undeniable, and much of it can be attributed to 3 - 4 years of manic physically taxing chaos footy.

The taxing footy style has helped hasten the demise of our engine room as well as father time.

Prestia and Lambert are shot to bits physically, which considering they were two of the main runners in our success they've run themselves into the ground.
Jack Graham has never had an extended run of fitness seemingly and also has been a power runner during those years of success. Throw in Cotchy and there was our 4 runners in the middle doing the very heavy lifting.

Bash was completely cooked physically last year with his calves, and ankles and so was Dave with his achilles and knee issues.

Nank too is becoming more prone to injury the past 2 seasons especially.

Vlastuin is becoming a regular rehab group member in the last 2 years as well, and Sheds and Jack are a year older too.

Its no surprise we are dropping off and dropping off quickly our prime movers are shot to bits.

A rapid assessment and realistic one of the season as it unfolds by each passing week this year is required, so that forward planning can be implemented as soon as feasible unlike last season which was wasted by hanging on too long and missing valuable game time for many of the juniors at the seasons last 5-6 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Let him rest up and heal and then back out there again. Just have to keep up the hope that he'll come good. He's too important to our midfield to write off.
Hope is not enough.
He simply cannot get on the park.
Best on ground in the first quarter and does another hammy.
I’m gutted for him and us but he’s gone

Last edited:

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The injury gods do not like Dion and once we lost his influence we were done for. The problem we have no one to take his place. Maybe Sonsie in the future but not in Dion's class right now so the cupboard is bare for a two way runner mid

Reactions: 1 user