Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Is it just tightness or has he properly done it?
Really bloody hoping we are just being ultra cautious.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Obviously his midget ligaments and muscles are too short and keep stretching/tearing.

• Haha

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Gotta feel for the bloke. Just can’t seem to stay on the park. We are a 4-5 goal better side when he plays. I personally think he is the best two-way midfielder in the league. With both Prestua do Lambert now missing and KMac also struggling we are really exposed in this area. Really need someone to step up over the coming weeks. Baker, Bolton, Short, Rioli, Ross, Stack, Picket, RCD - one or two of them need to stake their claim.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Sadly this was after a good preseason with a new weights program to strengthen his hammys. Like the team, I think Dion is stuffed.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Flawless, uninterrupted pre-season then breaks down at the beginning of the second quarter in the first game. Love Prestia and what he’s done for us but his body can’t be trusted anymore.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Send him over to Dr Wolgang Frankenstein for some calf’s blood and *smile*’s comb injections.
Unfortunately his repetitive soft tissue injuries mean we’re odds on to be a man down whenever he plays

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hope is not enough.
He simply cannot get on the park.
Best on ground in the first quarter and does another hammy.
I’m gutted for him and us but he’s gone

That strikes me as a tired and emotional post.

There have been several extended periods when we've seen the best of Dion including the 2019 BnF. And as others have stated he's signed with us until 2024 so there's no point throwing him on the scrap heap. Unless he decides to retire we have to persist with him.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
That strikes me as a tired and emotional post.

There have been several extended periods when we've seen the best of Dion including the 2019 BnF. And as others have stated he's signed with us until 2024 so there's no point throwing him on the scrap heap. Unless he decides to retire we have to persist with him.
Definitely tired and emotional.
However I’m not suggesting we throw him on a scrap heap. I’m suggesting his body can no longer withstand the rigours of AFL football.
Ability not in question

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Definitely tired and emotional.
However I’m not suggesting we throw him on a scrap heap. I’m suggesting his body can no longer withstand the rigours of AFL football.
Ability not in question

Fair enough. Let's hope that you're wrong and that when he gets back in a few weeks time he stays strong for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I wouldn't be rushing off to Germany, that's really a last resort when you have a specifically reoccurring injury.

In Prestia's case it is soft tissue stuff but spread everywhere, a right calf, then a left hammy, then a left calf etc......

To be brutally honest I don't think his body shape is suited to the loads he needs as a midfielder. He's about 177cm and probably playing at 82 or more kg. Lambert is a similar body type, 178cm and 77kg. Prestia probably needs to drop 5 - 7kg to give himself a chance.
That’s interesting. You’d think they would have to seriously look at such an option at this point, as his body as it is isn’t holding up. Hence how dejected he looked on the bench after all the work he had put in.

Best preseason ever apparently; new weights training, running yada yada and 30 seconds onto the season it’s a bust.

He would have to be losing trust in his own body at this point which would could ultimately end up effectIng his motivation.

How could you keep fronting up and doing all the work when you have no idea how your body is going to respond?

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dion Prestia's latest injury an unmitigated disaster: Jon Ralph

“Lets not sugarcoat this, Richmond‘s latest hamstring injury with Dion Prestia is an unmitigated disaster ... hey just can’t trust his body anymore,” Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said.

“They’d believed they’d bulletproofed him, he had a flawless pre season. Only nine games last year off a calf injury and multiple hamstring injuries. They felt they’d actually cracked the code.”

Leigh Montagna, like many, felt for Prestia.

“He‘s done all pre-season, he’d be so keen. He’s so important to this team,” he said.

“Those contest numbers and ground ball numbers really dropped away in the second quarter and Dion Prestia had such a good first term.

“You feel for the young man, to miss that much footy in the last 18 months, it’d be driving him nuts.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...g/news-story/65f9f66b80a4c4c36cae55bcabcf79ff