Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

What happened to the rule you had to be 100 percent to play?
We use to give players an extra week if they weren’t 100 percent.
Now we take risks on 50/50 players

Reactions: 3 users
Dion Prestia is expected to miss multiple weeks with a hamstring tear

By Josh Gabelich
afl.com.au
21 March 2022

RICHMOND will be without Dion Prestia for the next few weeks after scans confirmed on Monday the star midfielder has suffered a hamstring tear.

The 29-year-old was substituted out of last Thursday night's round one loss to Carlton early in the second quarter, continuing his frustrating history of soft tissue issues.

Prestia was hampered by repeated hamstring issues throughout last season and has managed only nine games in 2021 after playing nine times in 2020.

AFL.com.au understands the former Sun isn’t suffering strains in the same spot, rather strains low, high and on the belly of the hamstring making the issue even more frustrating for Prestia and the high performance department at Richmond.

The three-time premierships midfielder looked set to turn the corner in 2022 following a standout pre-season that many inside the Swinburne Centre had labelled among the top few trainers on the track over the summer.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick expressed his disappointment for Prestia in the aftermath of the season-opener fade out at the MCG, a sentiment shared by the football department who had hoped the Victorian would get a clean run at it this season.

Prestia accumulated 10 touches in the opening quarter and was a key reason why the Tigers had burst out of the blocks against the Blues at the MCG.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/724557/gun-tiger-grounded-by-another-soft-tissue-injury

So high, low and belly....! Forget the 4 weeks. Will not see Dion until the backend of the yr.
I don't think that he has multiple tears - the article was just meaning that his tears are occurring in different locations, not the same weak point each time. They should be cautious with him though, so it's more likely to be 6 weeks than 4 meaning 5-6 missed games.

I don't think that he has multiple tears - the article was just meaning that his tears are occurring in different locations, not the same weak point each time. They should be cautious with him though, so it's more likely to be 6 weeks than 4 meaning 5-6 missed games.
Hope so W. Will be pleasantly surprised if its not longer.

Just heard on Ch7 news that he might be back in 2-3 weeks. They showed him running with Dash Kam and Vloss at training today. Julius would know more.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand how hard these guys work and the sacrifices they make and am the first to support them having a life.

Having said that I think there is a massive concern over someone reporting Prestia was out in a bar on Saturday night.

Even if he wasn't drinking, doing that less than 48 hours out from a significant soft tissue injury isn't a professional approach to rehab, or at least not an elite one.
Unfortunately I could add to this but won’t other than to say Dion loves a social drink and agree he should leave it to post season under the circumstances

Last edited:
Yet those old bastards at the Moggies just keep rolling along year after year. Must be something wrong with our rehab or supplements program.
I posted elsewhere we need Inness back or else get the Cat's geriatric whisperer fitness shaman. Dude must have serious magic up his sleeve keeping that lot on the field.

I understand how hard these guys work and the sacrifices they make and am the first to support them having a life.

Having said that I think there is a massive concern over someone reporting Prestia was out in a bar on Saturday night.

Even if he wasn't drinking, doing that less than 48 hours out from a significant soft tissue injury isn't a professional approach to rehab, or at least not an elite one.

Sorry TBR after training 4 months? and doing a hammy first game, I would of got on the *smile* Thursday night.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I could add to this but won’t other than to say Dion loves a social drink and agree he should leave it to post season under the circumstances
There was a certain Goat out a week out from the first game. He would arguably be the most professional athlete in our game. Having a social drink does nothing to reduce their performance. In fact it probably helps break the monotonous routine that footy brings.

There was a certain Goat out a week out from the first game. He would arguably be the most professional athlete in our game. Having a social drink does nothing to reduce their performance. In fact it probably helps break the monotonous routine that footy brings.
As I said, I could say more about things but agree with TBR that, when you’re in rehab or have a history of soft tissue issues that you’re trying to combat, alcohol is the first thing you cut out.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
As I said, I could say more about things but agree with TBR that, when you’re in rehab or have a history of soft tissue issues that you’re trying to combat, alcohol is the first thing you cut out.
I think we can all read between the lines.

get the Cat's geriatric whisperer fitness shaman. Dude must have serious magic up his sleeve keeping that lot on the field.
Told my Bro on the weekend that they must still have Dank's apprentice helping out with recovery n rehab.

Grimesy should have given Prestia his German doctor Muller-Wohlfarth details

Time for Prestia to get some treatment , its now or never for him

If the reporting is accurate he has injured a different part of his hamstring, its not a recurring spot. Prestia has had a very good pre season and whilst we would all like to wrap him in cotton wool, send him around the globe for treatment, I would get him back to full running at training and back into the team he comes. He played at full pace against the cats and hawks in the pre season, was BOG until he got subbed, IMO I would throw him back in there when he recovers from his minor injury - 2-3 weeks away.... back his body of summer work and see if can string "x" amount of games together.