Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

To be clear, I'm not against a social drink, in fact I'm in favour of it. ;)

And in this instance I'm happy to assume he isn't drinking as that would be a team rule anyway, but I still have an issue with him being out.

It is only barely 48 hours from when he sustained the injury and still a critical phase in the recovery. I want that leg resting, icing and elevating which is difficult to do in a bar.
I definitely don't want you spending any non-essential time on your feet, wearing shoes with a heel, having a hot shower, getting in and out of a car any more than is essential or generally moving your leg any more than you can't avoid.

On top of that, if you have recovered professionally, you should have had very little rest, waking and icing every 20 minutes on and off all night so your body needs rest. I don't want you out late when you could be sleeping and healing.

Now it could be that there was a special event that was very important to him or to others for him to attend and I'm sympathetic to that, but the life of a professional athlete is full of selfishness and sacrifice and you have to be prepared to live that.
just checked the pic, Ivan had one arm on my boys shoulder the other on Dion's
neither Dion or Ivan had a drink visible in the pic ( I've asked for more details )

could be like the "incident" Prestia getting takeaway and posing for a pic when picking it up

Our fitness guy said 'it's not a major hamstring injury"
So we would expect Prestia back by round 16

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I understand how hard these guys work and the sacrifices they make and am the first to support them having a life.

Having said that I think there is a massive concern over someone reporting Prestia was out in a bar on Saturday night.

Even if he wasn't drinking, doing that less than 48 hours out from a significant soft tissue injury isn't a professional approach to rehab, or at least not an elite one.
Prob the only time I have ever agreed with you TBR.

Another example of 'all the little standards' within our footy dept that are slipping; another example for those who are bored enough to read my long post on the Damien Hardwick thread just now.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I could add to this but won’t other than to say Dion loves a social drink and agree he should leave it to post season under the circumstances
Come on DA. Only Syd would misbehave on his own time. There would be a furore if Dion was getting groggy after work. This thread would be full of Dion bashing and pre’s brightest would be posting about it over and over and over.

This guy is so frustrating. He just can no longer be relied upon. Yet we extend him anyway for another 3 yrs anyway. Should see him get another 15 games over that time. Just p*sses me off... so good, never fit or plays.

• Dislike
This guy is so frustrating. He just can no longer be relied upon. Yet we extend him anyway for another 3 yrs anyway. Should see him get another 15 games over that time. Just p*sses me off... so good, never fit or plays.
Not sure why there was an urgency to resign him.
It's not his fault.
70% of us were screaming to use one or two picks to get in another ready made midfielder but they used all the picks on kids.

Really poor list management

That one was just a straight Covid protocol question wasn't it?

In this instance I'd be dirty on him just for going and getting take-away. If you're injured, choose something from Uber eats.
My understanding is that movement is part of the recovery process TBR. No issues there from my perspective.

However, the concept of an injured player indulging in alcohol, irrespective of quantity, is disturbing on many levels. Could not agree with you more on this one.

Apparently ready to go against the Dogs.

Hope they haven't rushed him back.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If he comes back this week and does his hammy again then you seriously need to consider moving him on

• Haha
  • Wow
If he comes back this week and does his hammy again then you seriously need to consider moving him on
To where? He's contracted to the end of '24 and no other team would pick him up. We could move him on to a bar in Swan st. I suppose...

One thing to look ok at training. The question is can he get through a full game?
Last week's match against the Saints was at warp speed..
If he can't we're a man down early. Prestia now comes with a risk attached.

Put Prestia in like any other player who’s 80% but otherwise match ready.

No cotton wool, no treading on eggshells, no VFL, no fretting.

100% pace or not at all.

If he goes down again, so be it. He’s cooked.

Reactions: 2 users
Its only minor, its in a new spot so we are not too worried. Dion has done a good pre season and will be back soon.

Opps, this is for Sunday Morning. went too early.

• Haha

100% pace or not at all.

Not sure about this approach. At 80% he will ping the hammy in the pre match warm-up. Surely we give him the best chance of getting through a game/season by getting him 100% right.

100% pace or not at all.

Spot on Carter. What purpose does it serve giving him the extra week or two.

If he is right to go then he plays. Simple.

Like you said if he breaks down then so be it.

Not sure why there was an urgency to resign him.
It's not his fault.
70% of us were screaming to use one or two picks to get in another ready made midfielder but they used all the picks on kids.

Really poor list management

TBH - in terms of list management - the "70% of us" (self included) equates to approximately exactly three fifths of five eighths of effall