Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
4 quarters! He got through 4 ducking quarters !
*smile* phenomenal effort that!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gets involved in everything good we do.

We need to find another one in the draft.

Sonsie is different, we need blue collar but with class.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Been a massive fan of this bloke even when he was at GC, our best pure mid, lets hope he can get some continuity as we are so much better when hes in the team!

Reactions: 5 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
WIthout him, we are ordinary. Huge difference maker due to his role, bigger than Martin in that sense.

Reactions: 8 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Is as important to us as Diesel Williams was to Carlton back when they were a force.

Keeping him in cotton wool is the secret as players like him are as rare as rocking horse manure. He has a long proven record of going well fresh after a spell. Today he showed why again. In the meantime other younger guys are gaining experience. Dow being one who really stood up. So there is new hope to replace the likes of Meatball, Cotch and Shedda.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
One thing I noticed last night (in addition to all the other good stuff he does)...there were at least 3 occasions where he got a quick hand up to stop or deflect an outlet handball from a Dogs player....each time it resulted in either a turnover or at least a contested ball. Maybe he’s just more switched on or has quicker reflexes than most - but those little things can change momentum.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’m in awe of this bloke.
Not surprised by Hardwick declaring that he would have won a few more B&Fs if he’d remained fit.
Possibly the most underrated player in the comp.
Just a gun

Reactions: 11 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
One thing I noticed last night (in addition to all the other good stuff he does)...there were at least 3 occasions where he got a quick hand up to stop or deflect an outlet handball from a Dogs player....each time it resulted in either a turnover or at least a contested ball. Maybe he’s just more switched on or has quicker reflexes than most - but those little things can change momentum.
You’re spot on
And this is not a criticism of him at all - he’s obviously fantastic.

Also this is from from a suspect memory - but were there also a couple of occasions where he tried to kick a little skewed type of short pass to a team mate in his eyesight - but those kicks were intercepted almost off the boot?

Anyway (if I remember correctly) they are just examples of where he was trying to create opportunities. Had they come off he’d probably have deserved 4 Brownlow votes.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thirty disposals from 69% game time, plus a goal and had 2 goal assists, what a star. :clap2

The Bont, Dunkley and Macrae all got just few more and played nearly 90% game time.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013

Absolutely, bloody great player, dusty also has amazing hands, he often looks like a basketball player the way he controls the oval ball...

Dion is our best clearance mid who runs both ways and gets it a heap, absolute gun, just need to keep him on the park somehow!

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Absolutely, bloody great player, dusty also has amazing hands, he often looks like a basketball player the way he controls the oval ball...

Dion is our best clearance mid who runs both ways and gets it a heap, absolute gun, just need to keep him on the park somehow!
Managing his minutes as best we can will be the key.

Apart from when he has got injured in a game, Saturday night is the least amount of minutes he has played in a game for the Tigers.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im a bit astonished Dion couldn't land a single coaches vote,

for I what many of us thought was a BOG performance on sat night.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Some interesting early posts on here with the pick 6 and 2nd round 16/17 swaps. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Interesting to listen to Prestia's current interview on the club site for the BHF. He discussed how much meditation & mindfulness he had to do during the week leading up to last weekend's game. Also that the Doc said his hamstring was basically only a one week injury but he missed 3 to be sure.
Can't really blame Dion for not trusting his body after all the issue he's had. Must be extremely frustrating & traumatic continually getting soft tissue injuries.
I just found it insightful how much prep he's had to do mentally for confidence as well as physically to overcome them. Grimesy & Cotch probably do it similarly.

Reactions: 3 users