Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Absolutely love this guy and what he brings, after (cross fingers) a good result today he should be known forth as 'the little master'!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Absolutely love this guy and what he brings, after (cross fingers) a good result today he should be known forth as 'the little master'!!!!!

Proven big game player and I reckon he's had enough games now to be primed for today. I expect him to be in contention for the NS purely for his contested possession and disposal numbers

Reactions: 3 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Lots of our players flying under the radar at the moment. The Cats may not pay Prestia the respect he deserves. Watch for the clearances tonight.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Lots of our players flying under the radar at the moment. The Cats may not pay Prestia the respect he deserves. Watch for the clearances tonight.
Apparently only Dusty is turning up tonight.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reckon Prestia will have a huge impact on the match.
He's primed. Given that he won't win the B&F this year he's going to instead challenge Dusty for the Norm Smith in a premiership season.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I hope he has a first quarter like last year, where GWS were forced to move the tag from Dusty to Dion. It was the beginning of the end for GWS. Ignore Dion at your peril.

Reactions: 2 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I hope he has a first quarter like last year, where GWS were forced to move the tag from Dusty to Dion. It was the beginning of the end for GWS. Ignore Dion at your peril.
Should be primed to be his best tonight - just enough games under his belt to run the game out. Conditions will suit too.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I must admit I was a little worried about him coming in the team after missing so much of the season, he wasn't quite himself against the Lions, which was to be expected, but after that he was fantastic for us. 14 possies and 2 crucial goals in the big one, well done Meatball.

Reactions: 6 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Not enough love for this guy, missed the whole regular season came back for finals and dominated.

What a superstar he is, and very much an unsung hero, big reason why we turned around our Centre clearance problems

Reactions: 13 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
This is the man Lloyd said was not worth the money back at the end of 2016 and we should pick up kids and work on them. Dion proved him wrong and as a bonus we have picked up some good kids since

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is the man Lloyd said was not worth the money back at the end of 2016 and we should pick up kids and work on them. Dion proved him wrong and as a bonus we have picked up some good kids since
Seriously Lloyd struggles to put a sentence together.
His only saving grace is that he has backed us to win it 2 years in a row.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Lloyd is a knee jerk commentator. Gets a lot wrong, because he can’t look forward. To his credit, though, he owns his mistakes and will admit when he gets a call wrong, unlike many of his fellow commentators.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ok.

So Richmond is weak at clearance. Well. Sit down. Chimp will usually zone. Form up to defend. Force the turnover and we rebound from HB.

But if it really matters Chimp will dominate clearance. And Chimp is really good at clearance. (Not like Clangerdog or Selhasbeen.) Chimp wipes his arse with these All Australians when the game is on. (See recent final.)

And much as I love Chimp I have to concede that the best clearance player at Richmond is Dion Prestia, when he's set to the task.

Did you read the *smile* blathering of the "Richmond can't clearance" fraternity?

Dion dispatches myths like this.

Half fit he can stop them or start us.

The most underrated player in the AFL. Dion Prestia.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Ok.

So Richmond is weak at clearance. Well. Sit down. Chimp will usually zone. Form up to defend. Force the turnover and we rebound from HB.

But if it really matters Chimp will dominate clearance. And Chimp is really good at clearance. (Not like Clangerdog or Selhasbeen.) Chimp wipes his arse with these All Australians when the game is on. (See recent final.)

And much as I love Chimp I have to concede that the best clearance player at Richmond is Dion Prestia, when he's set to the task.

Did you read the *smile* blathering of the "Richmond can't clearance" fraternity?

Dion dispatches myths like this.

Half fit he can stop them or start us.

The most underrated player in the AFL. Dion Prestia.
Its always been a myth and a half truth.
Fake stats.

I reckon the numbers have been the same each year Since 17.
We lost overall clearances. That includes around the ground.
But we break even or win centre clearances.
Man on Man. 4 v 4
its a tiger party. Chimp Meatball Shedda Dusty and this year li,l Shai. Nank.
we win in the centre.

Other stoppages when its multi player we are typically outnumbered.
1 extra in defence.
plus more zoning off inboard.
The best the oppo can do is sky a quickie forward which we pick off.
The best we can do is a handball inboard and then we re off to the races.
We set up for this with numbers patrolling the rear and the square.

We give up 3 hack kicks by them for 1 incisive running play inside for us.

Less clearances. More shots on goal.

Dont believe the hype. We are better at clearances (we just get less)

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
If Dion comes in for a qualifying final, and we can't cover his lack of match fitness enough to win anyway, then that just means we're a side that needs Dion Prestia.

It's worth losing a qualifying final to get match fitness into Dion Prestia. That's how good he is.

We need him for the elimination finals that matter.

FWIW I don't think his inclusion would ever cost us a win. A Prestia at 60% is an upgrade on a Jack Ross at one hundred. But if it did, and that loss happened in QF, then it's worth it.

We're a good enough team to not just time our run for finals. We can time our run for the finals that matter.
Posted pre finals