Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Dusty might be Sir Finals but Meatball isn't that far behind him.

Inspired recruitment. Just so clean below his knees and the grass, all 22 cms of it.

Reactions: 4 users

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
I was lucky enough to snare his match day guernsey in the auction yesterday - the price reflects the comments above - a little underrated which was reflected in the price is my view

Reactions: 7 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Loving your work Captain Blood.

What a very astute move getting Dion to the RFC has been. He has battled his body the whole time he has been with us, we are so much better when he is in the side.

In no particular order, Meatball, Shedda and Nank.............a few handy inclusions just before the finals.
Thank you, tm. I reckon Dion was a ways off his peak for the GF but he was very valuable. He's attacking. They gotta watch him. And he's handy to the fall. Worker. I love the bloke. Ripping addition to our list.

BTW Dion is so good he has never been All Aust. Let's hope he continues to surpass that damnable faint praise.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The little meatball hurt his ankle last week and now it's a wait and see.
Fingers crossed he dosent need surgery

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Thank you, tm. I reckon Dion was a ways off his peak for the GF but he was very valuable. He's attacking. They gotta watch him. And he's handy to the fall. Worker. I love the bloke. Ripping addition to our list.

BTW Dion is so good he has never been All Aust. Let's hope he continues to surpass that damnable faint praise.

Apparently he was at about 75-80% fit for the GF. Still a gun at that fitness level.

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The bloke is an absolute gun. Our most underrated player in the league. Lambert and Edwards (who I have always loved), are behind him in the peaking order. But I rarely see him in the media ranked in their company or above.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Reverse Centaur

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Any further news on his hammy injury?
x fingers, but at least he will have the bulk of preseason conditioning done.....

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope we have got a good replacement for strength and conditioning guru Rob Innes who's gone to the Swans. Prestia and Nank came back and didn't miss a beat last season.
Over the last few years players who have been out for an extended period have come back in ripping nick thanks to Rob.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Scans have revealed a medial strain rather than a tear.
Should be a short to medium term injury

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Scans have revealed a medial strain rather than a tear.
Should be a short to medium term injury
I am still none the wiser:

Short term usual means 2 to 3 medium 4 to 6 weeks, not sure how it equates in hamstring speak?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It's pretty good news.

You'd always take a strain over a tear and a medial hamstring is the 'better' hamstring injury to have. It's more related to the knee and hip motion as opposed to a failure of the muscle.

Sounds like a pretty standard 21-28 days, all going well.

Here is a quote from Dimma on Dion's hammy so as you say not so bad:

"Dion's had a bit of a stagnated period. He's probable at this stage for round one. He probably won't play any of our practice matches at this stage just to make sure he does get right," Hardwick said.

"He's got some tightness in the medial hamstring, which is not severe. We're not overly worried about it, we just have to manage that along the way."

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If that's accurate it's even better, doesn't even sound like a strain. A bit of tightness in the medial from someone with knee and ankle issues is par for the course, a few light days and a bit of strength work and away he goes.

Not to say he will play round one, but in a long term sense you'd be more worried about an ingrown toenail.

And from Prestia today :) :

Of the hamstring strain he incurred late last week, Prestia said: "It is just a little hamstring – it is in a good spot if you are going to do a hamstring.

"I'll be good for round one, it is just a little hiccup. The pre-season was really good until that, but this happens."

Reactions: 3 users