Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
IMO this is the injury that concerns me most.
He's been instrumental in gaining us 3 Premierships, BUT IF Dion is cooked (& there's some chance) then the list managers are going to need to work frantically on finding another blue chip mid either through the draft or through trade...

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Don’t think he’s cooked.

Funny though, the nuggety guys are usually rock solid for soft tissue

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
IMO this is the injury that concerns me most.
He's been instrumental in gaining us 3 Premierships, BUT IF Dion is cooked (& there's some chance) then the list managers are going to need to work frantically on finding another blue chip mid either through the draft or through trade...
Even if he's not cooked we desperately need a couple of those high class mids (tough, agile, skillful) to start covering our ageing midfield of Prestia, Cotch, Edwards, Lambert, Dusty (so he can play more fwd 50).

Reactions: 2 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Even if he's not cooked we desperately need a couple of those high class mids (tough, agile, skillful) to start covering our ageing midfield of Prestia, Cotch, Edwards, Lambert, Dusty (so he can play more fwd 50).
Hopper should do. Or Green.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hopper should do. Or Green.
They spoke about that on Footy classified. Caroline said along the lines Richmond should chase Green, it would be romantic to get him to Richmond.
Sam: No way GWS will let him go, No way! he is required.
Caroline: GWS dropped him last week
Same: Oh... yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Dion is a brilliant ball winner. Has been since he debuted with clearance numbers off the scale. For BWA, clearances/TOG Dion was precocious and close to league leading.

He is a brilliant speedster testing, IIRC, 2.9 for 20m. That translates into his superb acceleration in close.

He's never been quite as classy as Sam Walsh but for BWA and acceleration that's the only comparable player I can think of atm. Maybe Tom Mitchell but much smarter than that one. And much quicker on defence. And Dion's acceleration gives him strength off the mark.

These blokes just don't come onto the market.

I think we should keep our emphasis on pace and two-way running. But we may have to compromise.

Nearly all of our draftees test well over 20m. Not to say they all think as quickly as they run. It looks like we're going to keep the focus on leg speed. I think we should.

Oh. Dion looks to have lost a half yard but maybe he can get that back.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yep, wins the hard ball or 1st receiver and explodes out of the pack, has 5 metres on everyone else so time to kick it forward at his leisure. Also kicks a few handy goals. Gun.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Has played 75 out of a possible 113 games since coming over.

Would be one of the best players in the comp if injury free

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going to be hard for him to have an impact this week even if he does come back.
As we've seen with several others who've had injury interrupted years, they're big names but just not match fit.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Going to be hard for him to have an impact this week even if he does come back.
As we've seen with several others who've had injury interrupted years, they're big names but just not match fit.
Thats ok. He has 4 games to get 100%- as do Broad, Lambert and ShEdwards. Vlastuin hopefully 3.

3peat here we come.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users