Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There was only one trainer with Dion straight after the hit, then another trainer went and helped. I think they were trying to get more assistance from the Richmond bench in calling for the Doctor, more worried about his condition than a stretcher at that time. One of the umpires (3 on the *smile* ground) should of seen the drama and went over asked the question "is the player ok"? But didn't, then play was going on around him and still no stop in play, umpires a lot more at fault than the RFC medical staff.

One thing about this whole incident, Dion Prestia is one tough prick the way he walked down to the rooms by himself for the concussion test after that hit.

Yeah agree Jake. The umps had the primary duty of care.

Reactions: 3 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I hope Dion can make a full and speedy recovery with no long lasting effects.

The only thing that can diminish my ongoing rage with this incident is a minimum of 6 weeks suspension. If it's less than that, I expect the AFL to intervene and formally challenge it.

This incident is everything the AFL says it wants stamped out of the game. Well time to prove it Gil.

Reactions: 11 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They keep saying that our doctors should've called for the stretcher to stop the game, but I'm sure these flogs would be able to override these decisions if it wasn't done.

Common Sense?

Oh, yeah, Richmond a player down on the field, don't worry about it.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Agree but seems like our med staff dropped the ball as well. I saw our trainer waving at the bench shortly after the incident. I'd hope the umpires are told they stuffed up on this, as it's damn poor to have play going on around a player with a head injury.

Get well soon meatball we need you out there.
Pretty sure the reason they stopped play after the Baker incident is because they got a reaming over the Prestia one. They also didn’t stop play last week when Powell broke his ankle. There’s something very very wrong with the umpiring at present. It starts with S and ends with t, and looks identical to Geelong’s coach.

Reactions: 8 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
The only thing that can diminish my ongoing rage with this incident is a minimum of 6 weeks suspension. If it's less than that, I expect the AFL to intervene and formally challenge it.

Get ready to be enraged and then subsequently disappointed.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Get ready to be enraged and then subsequently disappointed.
Just heard a Blues fan on SEN saying that Dion being knocked out by Stewart was a kind of karma for Lynchy"eye gouging" Saad the week before! There are some seriously weird peope out there!

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just heard a Blues fan on SEN saying that Dion being knocked out by Stewart was a kind of karma for Lynchy"eye gouging" Saad the week before! There are some seriously weird peope out there!
Cartoon hypocrits. Sooking they were undermanned against us and yet beat Freo. Unfortunately, there's another ego being re-inflated.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He should make an appointment to see a doctor, then check himself into rehab. Drugs aren’t good.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I hope Dion can make a full and speedy recovery with no long lasting effects.

This incident is everything the AFL says it wants stamped out of the game. Well time to prove it Gil.
Agree with all you say but the tariff for this offence seems to be three weeks for this 'careless' act of violence instead for the more obvious intentional. It did seem that Geelong were out to maim the Tigers, first Prestia then Tarrant and finally Baker all had bad 'careless ' knocks to their heads and from memory, no free

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Agree with all you say but the tariff for this offence seems to be three weeks for this 'careless' act of violence instead for the more obvious intentional. It did seem that Geelong were out to maim the Tigers, first Prestia then Tarrant and finally Baker all had bad 'careless ' knocks to their heads and from memory, no free
You missed Lynch
The Viking was holding him and at one stage he had him in a head lock

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Has anyone seen or heard from Dion.
Fingers crossed, the poor bastard hasn't been Michael Pickeringed.

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
It seems to have 'fallen off the agenda' since late this afternoon - not on Fox Footy or Footy on Nine twitter feeds as items TBD.
They have moved on.

I dont bet but can only see them giving him 3 weeks.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Add Bolton to the list

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
So AFL ticked off umps decision to not stop the game because the ball never came near him. I think Nick Reiwoldt summed it up well

“The umpire’s right there telling them to get out of the protected area. Guess what, he can’t, he’s unconscious!”

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So AFL ticked off umps decision to not stop the game because the ball never came near him. I think Nick Reiwoldt summed it up well

“The umpire’s right there telling them to get out of the protected area. Guess what, he can’t, he’s unconscious!”
What do they mean never came near him? They kicked the ball right over him. Bloody near tripped over the medical staff!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Who in the afl stated this?
Brad Scott?
Im just about over this *smile*. Cowardly media (King & Cornes exceptions) Where is the player welfare concerns?
*smile* umpires stop the game for a small bleeding pimple, yet can’t when a player is out to it And in the hands on the trainers. Trainers wait for the doctor to make an assessment of the players condition. They can’t just throw him on a stret and run off to save a bit of time.
*smile*, I’m shitty

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
The AFL just need to watch Prestia in the moment.

He taps the ball, and has his eyes firmly fixed on where the ball is going as a result of his great tap. A ball player through and through, and he was open to a cheap shot mongrel act. It's so cowardly it's disgusting when you just watch Prestia in that moment.

I just cannot believe this isn't worth 5-6 weeks minimum.

Reactions: 12 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The AFL just need to watch Prestia in the moment.

He taps the ball, and has his eyes firmly fixed on where the ball is going as a result of his great tap. A ball player through and through, and he was open to a cheap shot mongrel act. It's so cowardly it's disgusting when you just watch Prestia in that moment.

I just cannot believe this isn't worth 5-6 weeks minimum.
It is worth 5-6 weeks but because it's Geelong and the media are full of Geelong supporters, they aren't making a big deal about it. Jon Anderson, Pinoccio and Hutchison are all massive Geelong supporters.
When i was living in Richmond, Hutchison would always say to me 'how can you support such a *smile* side'
I would always give him *smile* only *smile* sides lose GF's to interstate sides..