Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Criminally under appreciated by the wider football community.
I’m starting to think that his nickname takes some seriousness away from what a star footballer he is.
He’s no meatball. He’s a wrecking ball

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Criminally under appreciated by the wider football community.
I’m starting to think that his nickname takes some seriousness away from what a star footballer he is.
He’s no meatball. He’s a wrecking ball

Was about to post the same. The media concentrate so much on pure possession numbers in the main and the public believe them. The amount of times I have mentioned to opposition fans that Prestia is our most important player and most times I hear a surprised "really". Prestia makes us look a completely different team. I'd say he is a complete midfielder unlike many of the others that are lauded by the media.

Dion should be being spoken about in the AA calculations but the media prefer to *smile* over the likes of Neale etc. I reckon he is potentially the most damaging midfielder per possession in the AFL right now.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was about to post the same. The media concentrate so much on pure possession numbers in the main and the public believe them.
Rarely bother wasting time thinking about pissant possession numbers. It should always be about properly effective use of possessions and hard work done without the ball. We've probably been the lowest possession side overall since 2017 started. Three flags, a prelim n finals again this year without having rampant major stat gatherers yet the experts in the meedjia still wet their pants over 40 possession players etc.

Reactions: 2 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Rarely bother wasting time thinking about pissant possession numbers. It should always be about properly effective use of possessions and hard work done without the ball. We've probably been the lowest possession side overall since 2017 started. Three flags, a prelim n finals again this year without having rampant major stat gatherers yet the experts in the meedjia still wet their pants over 40 possession players etc.
Well yes I get your point but I happen to be in that ignorant number. My dream is to have a kid in the 2s racking them up and demanding selection. Can't remember a kid getting 40+ possessions in the 2s since Mark Coughlan. Probably someone else did it but they don't leap to mind.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well yes I get your point but I happen to be in that ignorant number. My dream is to have a kid in the 2s racking them up and demanding selection. Can't remember a kid getting 40+ possessions in the 2s since Mark Coughlan. Probably someone else did it but they don't leap to mind.
Guessing you love super coach too?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The key to tomorrow. We need Prestia at his absolute best so can get first use out of the middle.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Can we please not bump this thread until after the game?

Not good for my heart rate!

• Haha

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Probably had some awareness and that's why his form was down. Being a tight final, the call was made to risk pushing it. He lifted and we scored 3 quick goals, but the gamble has come at a cost.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Probably had some awareness and that's why his form was down. Being a tight final, the call was made to risk pushing it. He lifted and we scored 3 quick goals, but the gamble has come at a cost.
That’s a lot of guessing. Should be a journo