Punt road Oval | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt road Oval

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Richmond should look at the prospect of buying Punt road Oval.

Having 'bricks and mortar' assets give our club security in the future in case something worse than this virus hits.

If the AFL didn't own Marvel stadium they would be in big trouble.

What do PRE'nders believe it is worth?

My guess is $30,000,000 - $40,000,00

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond should look at the prospect of buying Punt road Oval.

Having 'bricks and mortar' assets give our club security in the future in case something worse than this virus hits.

If the AFL didn't own Marvel stadium they would be in big trouble.

What do PRE'nders believe it is worth?

My guess is $30,000,000 - $40,000,00

could not agree more. there has to be a way

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Isn't it part of the Yarra Park precinct, which is controlled basically by the State Govt. If so I can't see them selling it to anyone. They want to be able to control what happens in that area. Look how much trouble we've had getting any further land for car parking at Punt Rd

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Isn't it part of the Yarra Park precinct, which is controlled basically by the State Govt. If so I can't see them selling it to anyone.

Going on past decisions regarding the precinct, I reckon Andrews would sell PRO to Eddie if he asked

Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
It sure that what we need , we did have very good cash reserves > 20mn due to a good biz model , based on big attendances , 100k strong memberships , huge merchandise sales and the aligned leisure biz that now manages > 26 facilities plus wantirna club plus Swinburne courses . Our biz has ground to a halt right now , in a normal trading environment it will produce good returns , we don’t need to spend 30mn on PRO with so many restrictions on any developments at Yarra park . Think a bit broader

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
It sure that what we need , we did have very good cash reserves > 20mn due to a good biz model , based on big attendances , 100k strong memberships , huge merchandise sales and the aligned leisure biz that now manages > 26 facilities plus wantirna club plus Swinburne courses . Our biz has ground to a halt right now , in a normal trading environment it will produce good returns , we don’t need to spend 30mn on PRO with so many restrictions on any developments at Yarra park . Think a bit broader
I think 30 Mill is drastically low. I'd be thinking more like 100 million (roughly 35K sq. M at about $3000 Sq M), if the government was willing to sell it, which they won't be. I'd be interested in the thoughts of someone who can price land more accurately than my very rough calculation.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I think 30 Mill is drastically low. I'd be thinking more like 100 million (roughly 35K sq. M at about $3000 Sq M), if the government was willing to sell it, which they won't be. I'd be interested in the thoughts of someone who can price land more accurately than my very rough calculation.
The restrictions on its use and development potential would severely constrict its value.
What is its alternate use?What is its development potential under current planning controls?
What revenue can it generate in its existing state and what is the associated cost of generating that revenue?

Answer these questions and you can gauge the market value without the services of a qualified valuer.

Really, the value of Punt Road lies in providing Richmond with a home base for training and administration together with the business and other initiatives that are undertaken at that base.

But she is not for sale and Richmond are not moving. So Replacement Cost is not an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
So many restrictions around development in that precinct, in any case a moot point , shire would never be put it in private hands