QF Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

QF Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane Lions

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Son was talking to Jack Ross at half -time, and he said one of reasons we were down at quarter time is that we had a bit trouble adjusting to the ground. Also said we will be a different team in the second half. Maybe after playing 7 straight at MCG his might be the case. Said he a lot bigger than the stat's on Tiges website, solid unit.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Not much spoken about success of ruck duo. Imo it was a resounding success. 49 hit-outs to 39,18 to advantage to 13. Last game it was 39 to 41, 9 to advantage to 10. It was all about wearing opposition rucks down and maintaining a strong presence and I think we did that very well. Not to forget that Nanks has had limited preparation too and will be much better for that run. Both ruckmen played approx 60% game time as predicted.

I liked Soldo’s hitouts (and I rarely ever say that), but those numbers are disappointing.

We sacrificed playing an extra midfielder to win the hitouts to advantage by 5.

Of those 5 additional HTA, a percentage of those would’ve been to a player who was immediately tackled/pressured and couldn’t benefit the team in any way.

The extra ruckman (at the expense of an extra midfielder) gave us maybe 1-2 additional clean uses from a clearance situation. That’s how I read those numbers.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I liked Soldo’s hitouts (and I rarely ever say that), but those numbers are disappointing.

We sacrificed playing an extra midfielder to win the hitouts to advantage by 5.

Of those 5 additional HTA, a percentage of those would’ve been to a player who was immediately tackled/pressured and couldn’t benefit the team in any way.

The extra ruckman (at the expense of an extra midfielder) gave us maybe 1-2 additional clean uses from a clearance situation. That’s how I read those numbers.

Read 'em again.

Soldo has the ruck knack. His hit out to advantage is different to others. Definitely different to Nank's. He gets true advantage out of his tap outs. When he gets it right, Dusty waltzes out of congestion with time to dispose. That's Gold.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
so do cotchy, dion and sheds.

Ivan is a revolution.

He seems to have a connection with the midfielders I haven't seen from a Richmond Ruckman in recent memory.

Which is good, because he's fairly limited everywhere else. Though better than most big blokes in the heat of congestion.

I've never really put any stock in hit outs. But when you have some of the best mids in the league, giving them clean use is basically free goals.

And they're the sort of goals we haven't been getting for three years. Imagine the best side in the league finding an extra avenue to goal. How does that happen?

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Btw, Dusty and Edwards give us a further dimension which no one else has. Who needs Dangerfield or Fyfe, as good as they are, when they have Dusty?

Edwards’ ability to spot up targets in tight spaces is unprecedented. Maybe Pendlebury gets similar results with a different skill set.

That is our point of difference. Dusty, Jack, Tom, Shedda, Grimes and Rance when fit. That is some serious talent and it makes us close to a complete team.

Spot on, TOT