Qld Tigers. New Year! New Venue!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Qld Tigers. New Year! New Venue!!

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Qld Tigers have a new home in 2011.
We will be watching all our televised games at The Lord Stanley Hotel. It's just a short walk from the Gabba ground.
It is imperative that we get as many Tigers to these games as possible. Remember to pencil in Round ONE on March 24.
The more members we have attending, the better pulling power we have to get management to put on cheap beer specials and raffle prizes for fund raising. We have a designated function room in the pub, but to keep it open we need bums on seats!
You can also catch up with us on Facebook or email [email protected]
Hope to see ya on the 24th..Go THE MIGHTY TIGES!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Good luck for the season ahead Pieman.  It will be good to hear about the Qld Tigers group throughout the year.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Message from our Pres.

Greetings TIGER FAITHFUL!

Is anyone else getting edgy? Can you smell the leather and the freshly mown grass?

That's right, FOOTY IS HERE and there's no better time of the year.

The countdown to our Round 1 clash with the Lygon St Losers is now well underway.

ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO.

If you live in South East Queensland there's only one place to be. It would be a big mistake to be anywhere else this Thursday night.

So get down to our home ground at the:

THE LORD STANLEY HOTEL
UPSTAIRS 6.30PM
for venue details follow this link: http://www.lordstanleyhotel.com.au/

Don't forget Michael Roach will be making a guest appearance in the form of a cracking Signed & Framed Print of his 1979 "Mark of the Year". If we achieve a minimum of 40 attendees at our little shindig then Roachy goes home with one lucky punter.

Additional prizes will also be on offer so get yourself there on Thursday night and ROARING good time (crappy pun I know).

Finally, I know some people have said they don't receive the emails so I've completed some checks and balances today and hopefully everyone's on the list now. If you know of others that may be interested, please forward these emails on.

I'll complete a member register on Thursday night to make sure everyone's details are current.

See you Thursday.

Paul Smeaton
President Qld Tigers.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
just to see if any one is out there. How many of you people in our neck of the woods are planning on coming to the LS on Thursday nite??

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Great night last night apart from the result.

Had a few dramas early in the day when our Pres went to the pub to set up. Discovered that the TV was only Standard Definition and didn't receive OneHD.
A quick trip to the local *smile* Smith store to explain the situation, and the kind Store Manager, after being told that *smile* Smith are still a sponsor of Richmond, donated a HD set top box.

We had almost 30 people turn up which is pretty good for a Thursday night.

We'll be back there again this Friday night for the game against the saints and it would be good to see another good crowd.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
G'Day loyal Tigers,

Well the season is now well underway and it's certainly had it's highlights and a few lowlights.

One lowlight is Rance's suspension while Waite walks free, are you kidding?

So it's lets on to Friday night and our clash with the Sainters.

It's critical we get heaps of Tiger fans along to the Lord Stanley on Friday night because the battle will be on the TV and in the function room.

That's right this Friday night the Qld Tigers will battle the Qld Saints in a supporter group heavyweight bout.

Both groups will share the Upstairs function room and the Hotel will provide bar staff upstairs to make life a bit easier.

So get along and join in the entertainment.

Home ground: Lord Stanley Hotel

When: Friday night

Time: 6.30pm coverage starts

Carn the mighty Tige's

Paul Smeaton
President Qld Tigers

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Greetings Tiger Crew,

It's the eve of Round 3 and if you're like me you'd be feeling pretty good about things at the moment.

Let us make a comparison for a moment:

Round 1, 2010: Carlton 18.12.120 def Richmond 9.10.64
Round 1, 2011: Carlton 14.20.104 def Richmond 13.6.84

Round 2, 2010: Western Bulldogs 17.18.120 def Richmond 7.6.48
Round 2 2011: St Kilda 13.17.95 drew with Richmond 14.11.95

Round 3 2010: Sydney 16.15.111 def Richmond 7.14.56
Round 3 2011: Richmond V Hawthorn???????????

So we're conceding less goals and kicking more goals against two top eight (four) teams. Looks like Dimma's graph is heading up alright.

So on to Round 3 and things don't get any easier against the Hawks.
We've lost both key backmen to suspension and no-one gives us a chance.
Just how we like it!

Lets get together on Saturday night again and have a yellow and black party.

Home Ground: Upstairs, Lord Stanley Hotel
Where: 994 Stanley Street East, East Brisbane
When: Saturday night
Telecast: OneHD 7.00pm

I'm confident will be right in this game despite the naysayers so I'm set for a big night.

Its also a great chance to get along early and enjoy a steak before the game. I know I will be.

See you all at the Lord Stanley

Eat em alive'

Paul Smeaton
President Qld Tigers.