Quartermain-vein | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Quartermain-vein

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Drawing inspiration from Newmo's post on the "Congratulations Rosy" thread concerning Steve Quartermain's weekly peek at PRE, I thought I'd take this opportunity to let him know what a fool I really think he is.

Totally bland and mundane commentary, no originality, wrong on half the evaluations he makes, constantly kisses the butts of the other commentators and yet still somehow manages to be an arrogant wanka to top it all off.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
LMAO - JF, once again, your concise threads never cease to amaze me.

Your knowledge on Quartergoose is second to none - could hardly have described his inability to commentate any better.

Just to add to your precise thoughts on Steven, I just want to add that listening to him with Sam Newman and co. on the radio, their respect level towards him compared to others seem to be on 2 different levels, his being the lower.

I must admit however, his commentating on the women's diving in Spain suited him and was second only to Bruce Mackavaney (excuse the spelling Bruce)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Don't worry about the feral brigade Quarters, as you'd know there's one in every crowd.

Just they've been breeding in here so we've got a few more than usual.

Keep up the good work Steve, we appreciate your support. :) :D ;D

Go the Mighty Tigers.
MMM ROCKS FOOTBALL ;)

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
I do think we should encourage media personalities to visit our site as much as they prefer to rather than chasing them away with derogatory remarks.
Exposure of PRE in the right places can only make this site more popular and relevant.
Let's hope Steve Quartermain talks all his mates at MMM and ch10 to check us out.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
spiritofrichmond said:
I do think we should encourage media personalities to visit our site as much as they prefer to rather than chasing them away with derogatory remarks.
Exposure of PRE in the right places can only make this site more popular and relevant.
Let's hope Steve Quartermain talks all his mates at MMM and ch10 to check us out.

I totally agree. And their are far worse comentators going around than Steve Quartermain. I dont think he is that bad at all. Drew Morphett is a shocker, although i heard hima few weeks ago and wasnt as bad as he used to be.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Quatermain is fine when he's actually commentating the action. What I can't stand is when he pronounces some thing to be "the greatest ever.." or "will be seen as one of the most remarkable in history" or some such rubbish, as though he is bestowing greatness on something merely beacuse he is saying so. There's more than a smidge of self-aggrandisement there.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Surely Quarters best ever work was his chat with Jean Claude Van Damm. "This is my Town"

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LOL was that when Van Damage tried to pick up his wife whilst she was holding Quartermain's hand at the time?

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Quarters If you're reading this, we need a free live radio feed into NSW for all the Footy Depraved..I mean Deprived tiger fans up here. I refuse to pay Telstra's ransom note of $49.95 just to listen to what people get for free in Victoria. :mad:

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
Quaters is ok - but all the PTC's live from Glenfairy Oval give me the shites.

PUNT ROAD isn't that far from South Yarra Steve!! :eek:

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
julzqld said:
Although Anthony Hudson is making up for lost time.

Spot on julz was just scanning this post waiting for this tossa's name to be thrown in. His "go dees" supporting sickens me and i shudder whenever he's calling a tiges match.

Basically if i wanted an A**holes opinion, i would have farted!
BTW ch 10 change that freaking song in the lead up to your telecasts, that holy grail song is driving me insane.

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
speaking of the channel 10 opening credits (I'm sure there is a correct industry term but I'm sure you know what I mean)

..has anyone noticed that the Richmond logo is the last one to appear and doesn’t have the same close up as ALL the other team logos?

also Victorian team jumpers are practically non existent in the opening. Eg, the two guys mowing the lawn in opposite directions wearing port and crows jumpers respectively. It goes on and on… there is a compensation scene for the Victorian teams with half a dozen ladies carrying a canoe or something with a bunch of different jumpers on.
:mad:

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
sean pean said:
..has anyone noticed that the Richmond logo is the last one to appear and doesn’t have the same close up as ALL the other team logos?

Can't say I have sean pean, but that comment shows your passion for the club, spotting contraversial things like that!

But don't worry mate, I know this organisation bearing long beards who would gladly insert some TNT underneath the 10 studios.

Just incase that is a 'tracked word', I'd better include the fact that I'm Christian and peaceful!

;)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
sean pean said:
speaking of the channel 10 opening credits (I'm sure there is a correct industry term but I'm sure you know what I mean)

also Victorian team jumpers are practically non existent in the opening. Eg, the two guys mowing the lawn in opposite directions wearing port and crows jumpers respectively. It goes on and on… there is a compensation scene for the Victorian teams with half a dozen ladies carrying a canoe or something with a bunch of different jumpers on.

Sean, your knowledge of the Channel 10 footy opening is second to none