R1 The Rest of the Trash | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R1 The Rest of the Trash

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
There is no reason why we shouldn't beat the hawks by 30+ points. They are a bottom two side missing sicily, gunston and patton

agree. i am confident we will be a bit more switched on after underestimating them last year.

Yeah we'll know more about them after Round 7.

Rd 3 - Eagles at Optus
Rd 4 - Tiges at Adelaide Oval
Rd 5 - Blues at MCG
Rd 6 - Saints at Adelaide Oval
Rd 7 - Brisbane at the Gabba

If they win 3 of those then they will have arrived and are a proper premiership contender.

They've basically been given 2 byes to start the season.

They probably won't win 3 of those. but even if they don't that doesn't mean they can't win the flag. Going by Richmonds experience in 2019 and 2020, you probably wanna play a lot of those tougher games later in the season and winning those games. The biggest unknown about Port is how they will perform at the MCG. You could mount an argument that the carlton game is the just about the biggest of that group of games. They wouldn't wanna receive a touch up.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why hasn't port got double up games against anyone in last year's top 4.
They only play Footscary and Stkilda twice.
But we play them there, West Coast away, Freo away and Brisbane at the Gabba.
And we finished 3rd.
Trevor Aldie has bent us over.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Why hasn't port got double up games against anyone in last year's top 4.
They only play Footscary and Stkilda twice.
But we play them there, West Coast away, Freo away and Brisbane at the Gabba.
And we finished 3rd.
Trevor Aldie has bent us over.
Yes for a team that finished on top and lost a PF by a goal Port has been handed a very soft draw.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Actually played them here at the G in 2019. I think under Hardwick we may have a better record against them there than we do in Melbourne.

We did but we played them twice that season as we also played them in Adelaide. I think you need to go back 6-7 years to find when we played them only once and it was in Melbourne.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I never got Billie Smedts but they kept him for seven years. Guthrie's into his fifth.

I'm not very enthused by their u27's as a group. Bews & Kolojashnij are just OK; Parfitt the most likely to step up; Ratugolea, Henry, Simpson, Miers & Clark all maybes at this stage. Narkle? Not sure what the plan is after this era finally closes. They'll end up back in the red if the stands are half-empty. Brian Cook is going at the end of the year and Colin Carter finished up recently. Probably a good time to stop.

They're all-in this year.
Awfully thin in their U/27 department. Teetering on the edge of a mighty high cliff with their old farts hanging on for grim death.
They've barely played any kids over the last few years n it'll b full on horror show if they don't go out with one last flag this year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The best part of this weekend coming up is knowing that 2 of

Geelong Brisbane Carlton and Collingwood are gonna be 0 - 2.

I reckon the Cats will slap the Bears at Corio and I'm not sure about the Maggotss and Filth yet.