R1 The Rest of the Trash | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R1 The Rest of the Trash

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
There is no reason why we shouldn't beat the hawks by 30+ points. They are a bottom two side missing sicily, gunston and patton

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
There is no reason why we shouldn't beat the hawks by 30+ points. They are a bottom two side missing sicily, gunston and patton
I'd be more confident of a bigger win if Patton played.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I felt that last year.
Clarko the “master coach” will have something up his sleeve. Maybe another phone call to Gil?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Zach Guthrie - can someone please explain the mystery behind this guy?

He simply cannot play football but has been on the list since 2017. He has played 21 games for 11 wins-9 losses and a draw at a time when they run at over a 66% win rate.

I've never seen him do one thing on a football field that makes you think he has any future other than with Eltham OC. Yet he is still there??

Perhaps there is some sort of deal that to get Cam they must take Zach?

Don't get me wrong,. I love when he is selected because it improves their chances of losing both intrinsically and mathematically, but for the life of me I just don't get the Zach Guthrie.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Still can’t assess Port after Rd 2. They’re playing Essington.

Yeah we'll know more about them after Round 7.

Rd 3 - Eagles at Optus
Rd 4 - Tiges at Adelaide Oval
Rd 5 - Blues at MCG
Rd 6 - Saints at Adelaide Oval
Rd 7 - Brisbane at the Gabba

If they win 3 of those then they will have arrived and are a proper premiership contender.

They've basically been given 2 byes to start the season.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Oleg did well. The new rules will suit him.
So will the fact he is in a *smile* side where he will see plenty of the footy in defence, as well as not have the accountability he had at the RFC.

More easy kicks will be found playing for the Suns.

Good luck to him living in a nicer climate and relaxed atmosphere with anonymity and making good coin.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

He simply cannot play football but has been on the list since 2017. He has played 21 games for 11 wins-9 losses and a draw at a time when they run at over a 66% win rate.

I've never seen him do one thing on a football field that makes you think he has any future other than with Eltham OC. Yet he is still there??

Don't get me wrong,. I love when he is selected because it improves their chances of losing both intrinsically and mathematically, but for the life of me I just don't get the Zach Guthrie.
I agree with you MD. In fact, most Geesook supporters on their own Big Footy thread agree with you. He doesnt seem to have any strengths as a footballer.

Now... since this is a Rest of the Trash thread, I have a conspiracy theory - and my usual shittiness and grumbling about the biased nature of the media.
After Thursday, all we heard was how Vlaustuin shouldnt play the following week otherwise the medical sub rule is a nonsense., coaches already taking the mickey, etc. Bla Bla. All about Richmond and Nick - implying subtly, quizzically questioning the injury as if somehow Richmond was doing a dodgy. As if we'd even want Nick off the ground, a player of his calibre to be replaced with Ross? As if we'd volunatarily do that swap, the media are utter morons.

But now I read Menegola and even Silvagni could play this week. Menegola this Friday and SOS on Thursday. Horror, shock, anyone talking about their injuries and whether they really looked dodgy/needed to be subbed out?? Of course not, just the media using the Richmond sub as their 'lead in' to how it can be manipulated.

And here's my consipiracy. Have watched the 2nd half twice, cant quite see when/how Menegola hurt his AC Joint. Apparently he did. I couldnt see it. And I looked. I was suspicious b/c almost everytime Chris Scott is asked about an injury after a press conference or on radio, you get a cryptic answer - he drips his words in all manner of cloak and dagger stuff. Yet at his Press C, he seemed to freely say its an AC, he even pointed to where it was, made me wonder. Ok, so they put in a lesser player, Constable instead of Menegola. You wouldn't do that, would you? Like saying we removed a player of Nick's calibre for Ross. But gee Menegola was having a bad game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah we'll know more about them after Round 7.

Rd 3 - Eagles at Optus
Rd 4 - Tiges at Adelaide Oval
Rd 5 - Blues at MCG
Rd 6 - Saints at Adelaide Oval
Rd 7 - Brisbane at the Gabba

If they win 3 of those then they will have arrived and are a proper premiership contender.

They've basically been given 2 byes to start the season.
Any danger that they get to play us at the G or do we have to play them over there where they are protected from a bashing.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Any danger that they get to play us at the G or do we have to play them over there where they are protected from a bashing.
considering they played a Prelim, most of Ports draw is a gift

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Theres never a danger of us playing them over here. They must request to play us in Adelaide. Soft.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

He is a dud to match the other 20 duds at Geelong.
Stanley Dalhouse Rohan Miers Selwood

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just watched the Brisbane Codger's presser after losing badly to Sydney.

Could not answer a question without having to look down and check his stats first. :confused:

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I just don't get the Zach Guthrie.
I never got Billie Smedts but they kept him for seven years. Guthrie's into his fifth.

I'm not very enthused by their u27's as a group. Bews & Kolojashnij are just OK; Parfitt the most likely to step up; Ratugolea, Henry, Simpson, Miers & Clark all maybes at this stage. Narkle? Not sure what the plan is after this era finally closes. They'll end up back in the red if the stands are half-empty. Brian Cook is going at the end of the year and Colin Carter finished up recently. Probably a good time to stop.

They're all-in this year.